It's No Secret Why These 9 Lakes Are The Best In Alabama
Alabama is home to more than 100 lakes. Interestingly, many of them are considered some of the best lakes in the nation. Listed below are nine of the best lakes in Alabama. Offering everything from beautiful surrounding scenery to a variety of recreational activities, you’ll want to visit them all.
Which Alabama lake is your favorite for spending a sunny, warm day? Are there other lakes in Alabama that you enjoy visiting? Let us know in the comment section – we would love to hear from you!
For more information about Lewis Smith Lake (aka Smith Lake), be sure to take a look at the following article: The Sapphire Lake In Alabama That’s Devastatingly Gorgeous.
More to Explore
best lakes in alabama
What's one of the most popular and cleanest lakes in Alabama?
There are many lakes in Alabama. The cleanest is Lewis Smith Lake, which is best known as Smith Lake. It's also one of the state's most popular lakes. Smith Lake receives numerous visitors year after year from Alabama, across the country, and even from around the world. A bit about what why all those people come to visit:
- Smith Lake is located in Cullman, Winston, and Walker counties. Situated on the Sipsey Fork of the Black Warrior River, this lake covers more than 21,000 acres and offers a variety of recreational activities for all ages.
- These activities include skiing, boating, swimming, and fishing.
- In addition to Smith Lake being the cleanest lake in Alabama, it's also one of America's cleanest lakes overall.
If you're looking for somewhere to visit this summer, especially if you love spending time on the water, consider Smith Lake. Whether you make it a day trip or a weekend getaway, you'll love this Alabama lake.
To experience the biggest lake in Alabama, where would you need to go?
Alabama is home to many lakes of all sizes. While some of them are quite small, many others cover thousands of acres. One of the biggest lakes in Alabama is Lake Guntersville. A few interesting facts about Lake Guntersville:
- At approximately 69,000 acres, it's actually Alabama's biggest lake.
- To visit this sprawling lake, you'll visit Lake Guntersville State Park in Guntersville, Alabama.
- From kayaking and boating to fishing and skiing, there's a variety of water activities for all ages to enjoy on Lake Guntersville.
If you're planning to visit the biggest lake in Alabama, don't forget to add Lake Guntersville to your bucket list.