South Carolina has some amazing things and places to see. You could say some of them are right out of a fairy tale. Let’s take an armchair tour of some of these fascinating spots that remind us of a fairy tale in the Palmetto State, shall we?
1. A long dirt road is draped in spanish moss in Charleston County.
This could easily be the opening scene for at least a half dozen fairytales...
2. A castle is the perfect place for a fairy tale. This one is just outside Greenville, SC.
This castle was built for a German Baroness in 1902. It sits on the south face of Paris Mountain just a short 10-minute drive from Greenville, SC.
3. Morning fog on Hartwell.
This is the perfect setting for a suspenseful fairy tale.
4. The moon rises over the Atlantic on the South end of Hilton Head Island.
Now you know what the happy ending of every fairy tale must look like.
5. The Charles Drayton House in Charleston, SC.
Bet you'll never walk by this house on Charleston's famous "Battery" and see it the way you used to. In this photo it looks like where Ebenezer Scrooge lives!
(But..."A Christmas Carol" wasn't a fairy tale...)
6. The Angel Oak tree on Johns Island, SC is big enough to hide at least 25 Big Bad Wolves.
7. A home for the Three Bears in Oconee County. But where's Goldilocks?
8. Maybe she's here? On Jones Gap trail in Northern Greenville County?
9. Hot Diggity Dogs in North Myrtle Beach, SC.
Hmmm. Seems outlandishly cute and a ridiculously irresistible spot for a selfie...I wonder what this fairy tale is called?
10. The Lonestar BBQ & Mercantile in Santee, SC
The Lonestar BBQ & Mercantile in Santee is actually constructed out of 4 old general stores that were moved to this site and joined together by a short hallway between each one. Pssst...We're starting a rumor right now that the
Little Boy Who Cried Wolf is hiding behind the counter in the second building....
11. Possibly THE MOST expensive home on the market in South Carolina today is akin to a fairy tale.
This 8 bedroom, 12 bath, 15,182 square foot beach front home on Kiawah Island is listed on Zillow for $24 million.
For most people THAT'S a fairy tale. But if you can afford this home then we are happy for you!
12. Boiling Springs park in the snow.
Yup. Drop a sleeping maiden on a pillowtop bedestal (that's a combination pedestal and bed) and this would be the perfect spot for the prince to awaken her with a kiss.
13. The suspension bridge high atop the 450ft Raven Cliff Falls.
Which fairy tale damsel would you cross this bridge to save?
14. This house in Edgefield, SC.
just know this house screams "fairy tale." But we can't get past thinking George Bailey or his wife Mary Bailey will walk out the front door at any minute...
15. This former funeral home in Columbia, SC would have fit right into some fairy tales.
BONUS FAIRY TALE SPOT: This aerial view of Mulberry Plantation in Moncks Corner, SC makes this property look like it's right out of a fairy tale.
For the right price fairy tales CAN come true. The current owner just put Mulberry Plantation on the market for 17.6 million. The 300 year old plantation includes more than 1700 acres and is the third-oldest plantation in South Carolina. Fairy tales can easily come true at Mulberry if you have 17.6 million dollars to spare.
Do you have any fairytale photos of South Carolina? We’d love to see them. Please go ahead and add them to the Facebook comments!