Fall is undeniably one of the best seasons. Between the cool weather, beautiful leaves, and cozy nights…there’s something about fall that’s just magical. While each state celebrates fall in its own way, I feel that it’s especially awesome here in North Carolina. We have gorgeous foliage, the perfect temperatures, and both the beach and mountains to enjoy it all. Here are fifteen things everyone does in North Carolina during fall.
1. Go 'leaf looking.'
There's nothing like a drive in the car to look at some beautiful foliage. Leaf looking in NC is a tradition comparable to looking at Christmas Lights on Christmas Eve.
2. Sit by an awesome bonfire.
Whether it's small scale or big scale, we always find ourselves by a roaring bonfire on a cool fall night.
3. Complain about the Indian Summer.
Inevitably, there's always a bout of Indian Summer...in which we are experiencing 80-90 degree days when all we want is a nice, 60 degree temp.
4. Pick out the perfect pumpkin.
Driving past pumpkin patches everyday, I'm really surprised I haven't caved and just stopped to pick one up yet. I guess it's about that time....
5. Talk about how much we love the changing leaves, then complain when they fall to the ground and we have to rake them.
6. But the best part of raking leaves is jumping in huge leaf piles!
Also, there's no age limit on leaf piles.
7. Make homemade pumpkin pie!
Nothing beats it.
8. Cheer on the Panthers.
Whether that's in the stadium or right from the comfort of our homes.
9. Count down the days till basketball season starts.
10. Hop on a hayride!
Corn mazes, hayrides, with a warm cup of apple cider in hand...sounds perfect to me.
11. Freak ourselves out with a good haunted house.
Real or fake...fall is the time to get spooked!
12. Go to a fall festival.
North Carolina has a number of great, diverse festivals to attend this fall.
13. Seeing what they've decided to fry at the fair this year.
Krispy Kreme cheeseburger? Fried Oreos? Yeah, the rides are fun, but the food is where it's at.
14. Contemplate a fall beach trip.
Lower prices, private beaches, perfect weather...you know you want to.
15. Enjoy a beautiful fall hike.
With so much beauty right at our fingertips, we really have no excuse not to get out and get active.