North Carolina May 25, 2016
The 15 Best Decisions You Can Make In North Carolina
Maybe you’re a native, maybe you’re a transplant, or maybe you’re just trying to plan a vacation here – either way, there are a lot of decisions to make in North Carolina. These 15 might pop up, and these are the decisions you should make.
1. Even if you have to wander off the beaten path, always take the scenic route.
2. But on your way to the scenic route, try and avoid highways in Charlotte and Raleigh from 4-8 M-F. Traffic nightmares!
3. Even if you have your favorite, try BOTH Eastern and Lexington style BBQ, they don't disappoint.
4. Speaking of food, Bojangles or Cookout is ALWAYS a good idea.
5. Even if the restaurant looks slightly abandoned and/or questionable...GO INSIDE (or to the window) you'll find some of the best NC cuisine there.
6. If your friend has extra or free tickets to a Panthers game...GO!
7. If you have extra adventure money, an offseason beach trip gives you all the seaside vibes (and beauty) minus the crowd.
Flickr / betancourt
8. Take a hike, literally. There's so many beautiful trails to explore in Western,NC. After your first few, you'll be addicted.
9. Skip the expensive hotel and book a weekend away at one of North Carolina's many beautiful bed and breakfasts.
10. Hold on tight to that rope swing or jump right in one of North Carolina's many swimming holes. Most are filled with fresh mountain water. The only downside - it can be chilly!
11. North Carolina is filled with natural beauty, but take time to explore some manmade beauty as well. Our state is filled with gorgeous architecture, historic buildings and houses and of course, Biltmore Estate.
12. North Carolina has an amazing craft beer scene brimming with great breweries. Pay a few a visit or simply order one off a menu at your local bar or restaurant. No need for imported here.
13. Take time to smell the roses at one of North Carolina's many beautiful botanical gardens or parks. Notably, Sarah P. Duke Gardens, Reynolda Gardens, or Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden.
14. The investment is always worth it when it comes to college basketball tickets in North Carolina. Especially if it's an NC v. NC team. ALWAYS!
15. North Carolina has its good and bad days - but always take time to remember why we love and appreciate this amazing state. It's a gorgeous place - and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
North Carolina is an amazing place packed with plenty of culture, charm, and amazing people. Waking up to a Carolina sunrise (or more likely catching our sunsets, let’s be honest) reminds me each day that I LOVE this state! What other decisions would add to the list?