Wyoming March 21, 2019
12 Then And Now Photos In Wyoming That Show Just How Much It Has Changed
Wyoming is a relatively young state, but it’s truly changed a lot in a short period of time. Take a look at how Wyoming looked in the 1930s and 1940s compared to what you’ll see today. You’re in for a surprise!
1. Wyoming's only four year university is shown here in the 1940s, when it was just a handful of buildings on a sprawling campus.
2. Today, it's known for being a leader in education, rugby, and rodeo.
3. The tiny town of Medicine Bow, shown here in 1940, still retains its charm today.
4. You can visit the town and find the famous Virginian Hotel and a charming ice cream shop.
5. Laramie, one of Wyoming's biggest towns, looked way different decades ago!
6. This bustling city still feels like a wild west paradise.
7. Ranchester was a busy town on a popular travel route, and had a grocery store and Stockman's Saloon.
8. Today, you'll find a quiet town with a historic museum, saloons, and friendly faces.
9. Jackson - what is there to say about Jackson? This wild west town has changed so much in half a cenutry.
10. When you visit in 2019, you'll find a town catering to tourists, visiting for the ski resorts or national parks. Despite the crowds, it's worth visiting for the amazing culinary scene.
11. Sheridan has always been a grand place to visit - you can see the iconic Mint Bar in this photo from the 1940s.
12. Stroll into that very same Mint Bar today and see for yourself how the towns of Wyoming have changed throughout the years.
Read more on the historic restaurants of Wyoming here:
These 7 Amazing Wyoming Restaurants Are Loaded With Local History