The Outstanding Restaurant In Wisconsin That Is Known For A Single Menu Item
If you asked the goats what to order at Al Johnson’s Swedish Restaurant & Butik, they undoubtedly would recommend the grass that’s growing up on the roof. This iconic Door County establishment is well known for the rooftop goats that graze leisurely as tourists below grab photos. But there’s much more to this restaurant than grazing goats. It has a great menu that’s anchored by a single item that’s wowed generations of hungry vacationers: the Swedish pancakes. Come along as we do a taste test of the menu at one of the best restaurants in Wisconsin!
The restaurant is open all year long and includes Al’s Butik, a store that offers traditional men’s and women’s Swedish clogs, Scandinavian gifts, and more. You can learn more about the shop and restaurant on the official restaurant and Butik website as well as on its Facebook page.
Have you ever been to Al Johnson’s Swedish Restaurant & Butik? If so, what was your favorite part? Would you agree that it is one of the best restaurants in Wisconsin? We’d love to read about your experience in the comments section below!
While Sister Bay is a small town, there are a ton of things to do – here’s some inspiration for your next trip.
If you’re still in the mood for more Badger State adventures, take a look at this video:
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
More adventures in Wisconsin
Where can we find more of the best restaurants in Wisconsin?
- Mader's Restaurant in Milwaukee is one of the best German restaurants in the state.
- Frank's Diner in Kenosha has been serving up classic diner fare in a down-to-earth setting since 1926.
- Wild Tomato Wood-Fired Pizza & Grille Fish Creek in Fish Creek is known for its unique wood-fired specialty pizzas.
Read on to learn about some of the many other delicious restaurants in Wisconsin.
Where can we find scenic drives in Wisconsin?
- Wisconsin's Great River Road extends from Prescott past Potosi along the Mississippi River, yielding stunning beauty all along the way.
- Highway 77 has a beautiful stretch between Minong to Hayward that winds through the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest.
- Lake Shore Road mostly traverses across beautiful farmland with some glimpses of Lake Michigan from Manitowoc to Sheboygan.
Read on to learn about some of the many other scenic drives in Wisconsin.
Where can we find farmer’s markets in Wisconsin?
- The Beloit Farmer's Market in Beloit has been a community favorite for over 50 years, now featuring close to 100 vendors.
- The West Bend Farmers Market in West Bend at one time was voted a top 10 market in the world by Vogue Magazine.
- The Eagle River Farmer's Market in Eagle River is in two different locations in town – one is outdoors during the summer months and the other indoors during the winter.
Read on to learn about some of the many other exciting farmer’s markets in Wisconsin.