Wisconsin May 01, 2015
15 Unique Restaurants In Wisconsin That Will Give You An Unforgettable Dining Experience
With the best cheese, brats and beer in the country, Wisconsin is a haven for foodies. But while Wisconsin has its fair share of bars and pubs, it also has a lot of truly unique restaurants that are unparalleled in any other state. Read on for some of our favorites.
1. AJ Bombers (Milwaukee). Where else does a bartender launch a rocket full of peanuts along a track and into a wall so that the peanuts spill into a bowl? Nowhere. And the burgers are awesome, too. After games, you're likely to run into athletes.
2. Kopp's Frozen Custard (Milwaukee). Their ice cream is outrageous, but their burgers are amazing, too. This place is better than Shake Shack IMHO.
3. Al Johnson's (Sister Bay) is a swedish restaurant. Oh, and there's goats on the roof!
4. Kroll's (Green Bay). Whether you're an east side or west side fan, this place serves up great burgers.
5. Frank's Diner (Kenosha). It may not look like much on the outside, but this joint has been serving solid food for years.
6. Chives (Suamico). The food is so spectacular, it's no wonder that Aaron Rodgers is here all the time. Did I mention the time I was sitting right next to Aaron Rodgers at Chives? OMGOMG
7. La Perla (Milwaukee). Where else can you ride a mechanical chili pepper? Answer: NOWHERE.
8. Carmella's (Appleton). They have some of the best Italian food in all of Wisconsin. And they make some darn good desserts, too.
9. Wedl's Hamburger Stand (Jefferson). While there's no seating, this place has been making delicious food for the past century.
10. Comet Cafe (Milwaukee). Boy do they know how to make a Bloody Mary.
11. Pizza Doctors (LaCrosse). Tell me, where else can you get pizzas with M&Ms, seafood and Big Mac toppings?
12. Chili John's (Green Bay). Chili over spaghetti. Proper way to do it.
13. The Immigrant (Kohler). Excellent food and a beautiful presentation.
14. Blue's Egg (Milwaukee). Bacon is part of beverages up here. This is a great breakfast place.
15. Solly's (Milwaukee). Home of the original butter burger. YUM.
What are some of your favorite restaurants? Be sure to tell us in the comments.