West Virginia April 12, 2015
These 12 Unique Restaurants In West Virginia Will Give You An Unforgettable Dining Experience
Every once in awhile, I’ll be really craving something other than the ordinary food that we typically eat. This list absolutely hits the nail on the head with unusual and unique places that I could go! So next time you are feeling something different, check out any of these amazing restaurants located right here in our mountain state!
1) The Bluegrass Kitchen is located in Charleston, WV.
This great little restaurant and bar is in the heart of Charleston. Stop on by for an organic or vegetarian meal and listen to a really cool band!
2) The Corner Shop is located in Bramwell, WV.
This little shop has an old-fashioned soda fountain and homemade ice cream.
3) The Cathedral Cafe is located in the beautiful Fayetteville, WV.
The Cathdral Cafe is actually a 90-year-old church! This beautiful little restaurant has some to-die-for pancakes!
4) Dirty Ernie's Rib Pit is located in Fayetteville, WV.
Go to Dirty Ernie's Rib Pit when you are feeling some amazing ribs, hot wings, sandwiches, and the like.
5) Earth Dog Cafe is located in Berkeley Springs, WV.
Earth Dog Cafe has amazing barbecue and killer drinks! Such a wonderful atmosphere.
6) Flying Pigs is located in Thomas, WV.
Flying Pigs uses all locally grown and homemade ingredients in their delcious food! This entire town is a great little town to take a weekend trip to and this restaurant is worth the drive.
7) The Helvetia Hutte is located in Helvetia, WV.
This great little restaurant has recipes that are straight from Switzerland over 100 years ago!
8) Hillbilly Hotdogs, located in Lesage, WV.
Everything about Hillbilly Hotdogs is original and unique.
9) King Tut Drive-In is located in Beckley, WV.
This great little drive-in was voted one of the "Top 55 Must See Places in WV" in 2004! That was well-deserved because this drive-in has amazing pizzas, delcious sandwiches, and incredible homemade pies! All served to you in the comfort of your own car.
10) Later Alligator, which is a former saloon, is located in Wheeling, WV.
This unique restaurant is so cute and has amazing crepes, soups, sandwiches, and salads!
11) Mayberry's Restaurant is located in St. Albans, WV!
Everything about this adorable restaurant makes you feel like you have stepped into a time machine set to the 50s! Mayberry's has wonderful food, a little bit of everything. And of course, the best Coke floats that you can find in the area!
12) The Secret Sandwich Society is located in Fayetteville, WV.
It is no secret that these sandwiches are seriously amazing. Try out this unique sandwich shop next time you are in Fayetteville!
Nothing is better than going to a really great restaurant and trying something new! I’ve found that sometimes its the little places, the hole-in-the-wall restaurants that have the best food and the most wonderful atmospheres.
What is your favorite unique place to dine in West Virginia? Comment below!