There's No Other Dairy Queen In The World Like This One In West Virginia
In 1938, father and son team John and Alex McCullough did their part to make the world a better place by inventing soft-serve ice cream. Two years later, in partnership with their friend and fellow ice cream lover Sherb Noble, they opened up the very first Dairy Queen. It was a hit, and today there are more than 6,400 Dairy Queen stores in 27 different countries; including a Dairy Queen in Hinton, West Virginia.
The Hinton Dairy Queen has a reputation for being one of the best in the world. Read on to discover why it’s so special.
Have you visited the Dairy Queen in Hinton, West Virginia? If so, let us know if you think it’s one of the best places to get ice cream in West Virginia. After chowing on your meal, take some time to explore the charming town of Hinton.
More to Explore
Dairy Queen Hinton, WV
What are some of the best places to get ice cream in West Virginia?
Aside from the Diary Queen in Hinton, West Virginia, here are some of the best places to get ice cream in West Virginia:
- Caffe Romeo in Charleston: Discover some of the best gelatos outside of Italy when you stop by this shop.
- Ellen’s Homemade Ice Cream in Charleston: If you're in West Virginia and searching for ice cream, head here for a scoop or two.
- Austin’s Homemade Ice Cream in Ceredo: This family-run shop has been around since 1947.
- The Poky Dot in Fairmont: Indulge in an epic banana split and other sweets when stop by this sweet eatery.
For a fun day out, take this ice cream in West Virginia tour, too.
What are some facts about the oldest Dairy Queens in West Virginia?
While the Hinton, West Virginia, Dairy Queen is considered one of the best in the world, here are some fun facts about the oldest Dairy Queen diners in the state.
- The Diary Queens in Sistersville and Buckhannon, West Virginia both opened in 1954.
- While the Dairy Queen in Sisterville is a full restaurant, the shop in Buckhannon is a seasonal ice cream stand.
- After all these years, both Dairy Queens are still considered some of the best places to get ice cream in West Virginia.
See why this Dairy Queen is also one of the best places to get ice cream in West Virginia.