The Shade Tree Is An Out Of The Way West Virginia Diner With The Biggest, Best Burgers
The Shade Tree Diner and Carry Out, a diner in Creston, West Virginia, located along the Little Kanawha Parkway in Wirt County, is one of those out of the way dots on a map that you absolutely do not want to miss. A unique mix of a general store, craft store, and diner, it’s home to what many call the best burgers in West Virginia.
Find the Shade Tree Diner and Carry Out for yourself on Facebook so that you don’t miss the opportunity to stop by for a bite to eat next time you are passing through this area! Do you think they have the best burgers in West Virginia? Let us know in the comments section!
West Virginia is filled with rural, out-of-the-way restaurants that are well worth the journey, so once you’ve tried the Shade Tree, add these 11 eateries to your list.
More to Explore
Best Restaurants In West Virginia
What Are The Best Restaurants In West Virginia?
- Hillbilly Hot Dogs is probably the most distinct restaurant in West Virginia - an offbeat wiener shack in Lesage decorated with hundreds of knickknacks celebrating backwoods culture. You can choose from dozens of overstuffed hot dogs with unique toppings, including the massive Hillbilly Homewrecker - a three-pound, fifteen-inch hot dog. You can even get married at this one-of-a-kind restaurant!
- Quinet's Court Restaurant in the tiny town of New Martinsville is probably the best buffet in West Virginia, serving old-school country cooking in a rustic environment. Many of the regulars have been visiting for decades - this restaurant has been open since 1941 and still going strong! While Quinet's has an a la carte menu, you can sample all the favorites from the all-you-can-eat option.
- The Hutte is the only Swiss restaurant in West Virginia and one of a very small number in the entire United States! Located in the tiny town of Helvetia, this little slice of Switzerland is located in a distinctive yellow building and serves alpine favorites like sausage and schnitzel. Seeing the unique decor located around the restaurant will make you want to yodel!
What Are The Most Historic Restaurants In West Virginia?
- The Corner Shop in Bramwell is a burger joint and soda shop that first opened as a pharmacy in 1910. While it's changed a lot since then, the interior still feels like you're stepping back in time. To enjoy this place at its best, make sure to get one of the massive burgers and a creamy shake or banana split for dessert.
- Drover's Inn on the outskirts of Wellsburg first opened as an inn during the 19th century, and has been serving as a restaurant for over fifty years now. The stately architecture gives off an impressive aura, but inside this restaurant is anything but fussy. It's known as the best place for hot wings in the entire state!