With 1.2 Million Lights Spanning Two States, Bluefield Holiday Of Lights Is The Best Free Drive-Thru Event Of The Year In West Virginia
The holiday season is upon us, and we couldn’t be happier – it’s high time for something fun and festive to look forward to! And while many things about the holiday might look a little different this year, here’s one long-standing tradition (24 years and counting!) that’s not going anywhere: the Bluefield Holiday of Lights. Welcome to one of the best drive-thru holiday lights in West Virginia.
Have you been to this amazing light display? What do you think are the best drive-thru holiday lights in West Virginia? To learn more, follow the Bluefield Holiday of Lights Facebook page. If you’re looking for more events like this, take a road trip to see Ogleby’s Winter Festival of Lights.
More to Explore
West Virginia’s Winter Festivities
What are the best places to visit during the winter in West Virginia?
The best places to visit during the winter in West Virginia include:
- New River Gorge. This place is as beautiful and awe-inspiring in the winter as it is in every other season.
- Twin Falls Resort State Park. This is the place to go to experience a Pioneer Farm from the 1830s.
- Helvetia. This little Swiss village has so much European charm and is the most quaint winter destination.
- Coopers Rock State Park. Come here to experience stunning views across over 12,000 acres of natural beauty.
Discover more about the best places to visit during the winter in West Virginia.
What are the best holiday getaways in West Virginia?
The best holiday getaways in West Virginia include:
- Hillsboro. This is an excellent location to see frozen waterfalls and then pay a visit to the Pearl S. Buck Birthplace Museum.
- Weston. This little town is known for having a ton of glassblowers and craftsmen. See their shops and visit a library in an old house from 1875.
- Charles Town. This quaint old town is home to the Old Opera House Theatre Company and the Jefferson County Museum.
- Vienna. This town has some amazing chocolate and you can get pampered at the Oasis Salt Cave.
Learn more about the best winter getaways in West Virginia.
What are the most beautiful winter destinations in West Virginia?
The most beautiful winter destinations in West Virginia include.
- West Virginia State Museum. Come here to get out of the cold and learn all about the history of West Virginia.
- Bruceton Mills Luminaria. There’s something truly magical about seeing 2,500 glowing luminaries lighting up a winter night.
- Snowshoe Mountain Resort. Located in Snowshoe, this place not only has all levels of skiing areas but offers skiing and snowboarding lessons as well.
- Fasnacht. This festival in Helvetia is one of the oldest Yuletide events from Switzerland where masked revelers light up Old Man Winter.
Find out more about the most beautiful winter destinations in West Virginia.