This Family Friendly Road Trip Through West Virginia Leads To Whimsical Attractions, Themed Restaurants, And More
Pack up the kids; it’s time for a family-friendly road trip in West Virginia! West Virginia is a state that is full of affordable attractions that appeal to all ages. Here is just a sampling of fun things to do in West Virginia.
Would your family enjoy this family-friendly road trip in West Virginia? Customize it for yourself on Google Maps. If you can think of other wonderful spots for road trips in West Virginia, let us know in the comments. You may also enjoy this West Virginia family road trip that won’t break the bank.
More to Explore
The Natural Beauty of West Virginia
What are the most incredible natural attractions in West Virginia?
The most incredible natural attractions in West Virginia include:
- Dolly Sods. This natural area in the Monongahela National Forest has beautiful white rocks and colorful bogs that are otherworldly.
- Ice Mountain. A vast amount of ice can be found here even in summer due to how the rocks draw in and cool the air.
- The Trough. This gorge has the Potomac River flowing through it and there is a train you can ride to take in the stunning views.
- Spruce Knob. This peak is not only the highest point in West Virginia but in the entire Allegheny Mountain chain.
Find out more about the most incredible natural attractions in West Virginia.
What are the most scenic hiking trails in West Virginia?
The most scenic hiking trails in West Virginia include:
- Long Point Trail at Summersville Lake. There’s a huge rock outcropping that extends into the lake and the view from it is mesmerizing.
- Grandview Overlook at the New River Gorge National Park and Preserve. Come here to see the rhododendrons bloom in the summer.
- Campbell Falls at Camp Creek State Park. Not only is the hike beautiful but it leads to a serene swimming hole.
- Glade Creek Trail. This is one of the most verdant hikes in the state and the swimming hole has bright blue waters.
Discover more about the most scenic hiking trails in West Virginia.
What are the most impressive natural wonders in West Virginia?
The most impressive natural wonders in West Virginia include:
- Seneca Rocks. These rocks are gorgeous and very popular with rock climbers from all over the state.
- The New River Gorge. This is one of the oldest rivers on earth with amazing views and excellent whitewater rafting.
- Seneca Caverns. Native Americans were occupying these majestic caverns starting around the 1400s and the caves are intriguing.
- Sandstone Falls. This place is a hotspot with locals and the natural beauty here is unforgettable.
Learn more about the most impressive natural wonders in West Virginia.