Washington May 19, 2018
10 Amazing Reasons Not To Leave Washington This Summer
If you’re like most Americans, summer is synonymous with vacation time. But many Washingtonians often make the tragic error of leaving the state during summertime and missing out on all the beauty, fun and sun (at last) it brings. We’ll give you 10 good reasons to stay close to home this year.
1. Let’s start with the obvious: The weather is amazing.
No matter what part of the state you live in, you can appreciate summer here.
2. This is the one time of year you won’t have to worry about snow on the passes.
It's officially road trip season.
3. You won’t find a better time to visit Mount Rainier National Park.
It's beautiful in any season, but in July and August, you won't see much snow.
4. Washington has the best summers in the nation, and there’s evidence to back that up.
Numerous travel publications have listed Washington's summers as the best, and Thrillist recently called our state the least miserable place to be in the summertime.
5. You'll find free outdoor concerts all over the state, all summer long.
This is a scene from the Sedro Woolley Summer Concert Series.
6. We'll also have plenty of outdoor performances at our local venues, like ZooTunes in Seattle and
Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery in Woodinville (pictured here).
7. And speaking of music, we've got an incredible lineup at The Gorge every summer.
From Sasquatch to Paradiso to Watershed, there's something for every taste.
8. Washington's summer festivals really can't be beat.
The Long Beach Kite Festival, the Fremont Solstice Fair in Seattle, the Omak Stampede, Spokane Hoopfest, and food festivals galore are about to kick off.
9. Patio dining season is finally upon us. Why would you want to leave when we wait all year for this?
Clinkerdagger burgers just taste better on the patio.
10. Because sunsets look like this, and you won't want to miss a single one of them.
If there's anything better than an amazing summer sunset in the Pacific Northwest, we don't know what it could be.
These are 10 of the many, many reasons Washingtonians should make this the Summer of the Staycation. And while you’re at it, try taking our
delicious ice cream trail.