The Dreamy Vermont Town That Grabs Everyone's Attention At Christmastime
The town of Pine Tree, Vermont is a popular Christmastime spot. Each year thousands of people visit the small town for the spirit it brings to the holiday season. You won’t find it on any map. The town is as make-believe as Sesame Street. Pine Tree is the fictional setting of the 1954 holiday classic, “White Christmas,” but each year it comes to life on big-screen TVs and laptops all over the country.
What is your favorite holiday movie? While you can’t visit Pine Tree, Vermont, you can go cut one down to bring home and decorate. Visit this picturesque Christmas farm to find your tree, take a wagon ride, and a whole lot more.
Already in the holiday spirit? It’s never too early to start putting up Christmas decorations.
More to Explore
Christmas In Vermont
What are the best Christmas towns in Vermont?
While we can’t visit Pine Tree, Vermont, White Christmas takes us pretty close. Still, we have plenty of other real-life Christmas towns in Vermont that are sure to get us in the holiday spirit.
- Slip on a pair of ice skates, and glide around the ice rink in the enchanting town of Stowe. A Christmas tree glitters alongside the rink, perfect for helping you get into the Christmas spirit.
- Stroll down Church Street in Burlington, awash in Christmas lights, where you can get your holiday shopping done, grab a bite to eat, and soak up the beauty of the season.
- Climb aboard a horse-drawn sleigh ride for a magical winter adventure in Weston, and feel as though you’ve stepped into an old-fashioned Christmas movie in the darling town of Grafton.
What are some must-do Christmastime activities in Vermont?
Christmas in Vermont just wouldn’t be the same without a few long-time traditions, including:
- Kick off the Christmas season with a trip to Montpelier, which invites visitors to join in celebrating the lighting of the 40-foot Christmas tree at the State House.
- Journey back to Victorian times in St. Johnsbury.
- The whole family will absolutely love a ride aboard the Polar Express in Burlington; Santa, of course, is the star of the show for this beloved Christmastime adventure.
- While you’re in Burlington, how about going to a Christmas show? Shows at The Flynn Center vary from year to year, so be sure to check its official website for updated information.
- If you can’t make it to Burlington for the Polar Express, don’t worry. Hartford also hosts a fun, family-friendly Polar Express event that includes a visit from Santa, Christmas carols, and a delicious snack (hot cocoa and a cookie). Kiddos will also receive a small gift from the man of the season.