Vermont September 10, 2016
14 Neighborhood Restaurants In Vermont With Food So Good You’ll Be Back For Seconds
If you love a good dish, a good rule to follow is to go to the locals’ favorite places. After all, they know what their area has to offer, and these neighborhood restaurants are packed with with fabulous food, friendly service and people who know they are about to get a great meal. Here are 14 places in Vermont that make the neighborhood experience simply delicious.
1. Positive Pie - 87 S Main Street, Hardwick
A family restaurant, a friendly atmosphere, and fabulous food. This place had our heart - and our taste buds - from their opening weekend. The pies are positively INCREDIBLE!
2. Mike's Tiki Bar - 44 Belden Hill Road, East Burke
There's no place in the NEK like Mike's Tiki Bar after a day on the Kingdom Trails. Want more than a local VT brew? Check out the food truck next door.
3. Miss Lyndonville Diner - 686 Broad Street, Lyndonville
A favorite place in the NEK is this little diner that is a local favorite, as well as a destination for those in search of a fantastic diner experience. Great atmosphere, friendly service, huge portions and delicious food. What more could you want?
4. Wayside Restaurant and Bakery - 1873 US Rte 302, Montpelier
The Wayside was established in 1918, and this bakery & creamery is proud to be serving great meals at reasonable prices. And boy are they good!
5. Cornerstone Pub & Kitchen - 47 N Main Street, Barre
This favorite, literally on a corner, is one of our favorites. They not only landed on our list for
, but also the best
Mac & Cheese
in Vermont. Trust us.
6. Up For Breakfast - 4935 Main Street, Manchester
The Norwegian salmon eggs Benedict with mustard seed hollandaise is so good, it keeps the neighbors coming back, as well as many more people. We recommend going on an empty stomach!
7. The Elm Street Market - 251 Elm Street, Bennington
Who says you need a sit down restaurant to make it a great neighborhood place? You can't beat the roast beef sandwich on the pretzel roll, and the ham and cheese with french fried onions from the Elm Street Market. You'll also see neighbors and friends there!
8. Madison Brewing Company Pub & Restaurant - 428 Main Street, Bennington
Great local brewpub with great atmosphere, service, food and brews. Everything is delicious and perfectly paired. Need we say more?
9. The Brown Cow Cafe - 139 Main Street, Bennington
The neighbors around here gather at the Brown Cow for fresh and delicious food, and they never leave disappointed.
10. PK Coffee - 1880 Mountain Road, Stowe
If you need a quick pick me up, head to PK Coffee in Stowe. The locals know it's the best place in town to get a fresh cup of joe.
11. Wally's Place Bagel & Deli - 1 Ferry Road, South Hero
Grab a bagel at your neighborhood bagel place - Wally's! Along with great carb filled goodies, they have a great selection of self-serve coffee and tea and a nice selection of bottles beverages.
12. Handy's Lunch - 74 Maple Street, Burlington
A family run restaurant serving food for families, friends, people in the neighborhood and beyond. And boy, will you be running back for more.
13. Misery Loves Company - 46 Main Street, Winoosk
When a food truck makes it big and opens a restaurant, the lines will be long. Why? Because it's AWESOME and everyone flocks here for good reason.
14. Piecasso Pizzeria & Lounge - 1899 Mountain Road, Stowe
The best bet for travelers is to go where the locals love... And locals LOVE Piecasso! Everything is great, takeout or delivery, dine at home or in a funky place... See why this place is everyone's favorite!
For more fresh and homemade restaurants, check out these
11 mom & pop restaurants in Vermont.