Nature September 17, 2015
Take These 12 Country Roads In Texas For An Unforgettable Scenic Drive
Who doesn’t love a nice Sunday drive, especially in Texas! Here are some of the best roads in Texas to take if you want incredible scenery to look at while you cruise along:
During these uncertain times, please keep safety in mind and consider adding destinations to your bucket list to visit at a later date.
1) The stunning diverse landscape you will see along the Ross Maxwell Scenic Drive through Big Bend National Park simply cannot be beat.
2) In the Hill Country, take Highway 16 north from Fredericksburg to Llano for these amazing views!
3) Take FM 337 from Vanderpool to Medina to enjoy some of the largest hills in the state!
4) You can't pass up the Willow City Loop in Fredericksburg if you love winding, scenic routes lined with wildflowers!
5) How 'bout these gorgeous views of Big Bend Ranch State Park from FM 170!
6) Anywhere along US Highway 96 will pretty much grant you beautiful views of East Texas, especially once you get past Jasper.
7) Take US Highway 90 over the Pecos River Bridge for spectacular views of the river below!
8) Between Marfa and Ruidosa, you can cruise along RM 2810 for breathtaking views of the Chinati Mountains in Presidio County.
9) FM 2323 between Llano and Fredericksburg looks absolutely gorgeous from this angle, don't you think?
10) Cruise down the windy Tularosa Road in Kinney County to take in the magnificent scenery of the southwestern portion of the hill country!
11) How 'bout this view along River Road in Wimberley? The overhanging trees sure do make for some welcome shade!
12) Many people have forgotten about the old US 75 that runs from Dallas to Houston, which makes a nice detour if you have the time!
What other scenic roads do you enjoy driving along in Texas? Let us know in the comments!