Dine With The Giraffes At This One-Of-A-Kind Zoo Restaurant In Texas
If you’ve ever wanted to dine with giraffes in Texas, there are several restaurants at the Houston Zoo where you can do just that. One of them is Twiga Café, a casual eatery overlooking the giraffe and hippo habitats. The food is delicious, but the views are even better!
If you want more Texas restaurants, make sure to sign up for our weekly dining newsletter. Every Thursday, a new eatery to try in the Lone Star State will be delivered straight to your email. Yum!
Have you ever eaten at Twiga Café? If so, we’d love to hear all about your experience. Tell us in the comments! Don’t forget to check out our previous article for another opportunity to dine with animals in Texas!
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
Best Restaurants In Texas
What are the best food trails in Texas?
The best food trails in Texas are:
- The Authentic Texas Barbecue Trail
- This Amazing Taco Trail In Texas
- Best Pie In Texas Road Trip
- 2-Day Texas Road Trip To 6 Hole In The Wall Barbecue Joints
- The Texas Wine Country Road Trip
- This Texas Restaurant Road Trip
- Road Trip To The 10 Best Donut Shops In Texas
- Road Trip To 6 Restaurants With The Best Pizza In Texas
- Road Trip To 8 Of The Best Kolache Shops In Texas
- Take A Road Trip To The 8 Best Margaritas In Texas
What are the most unique restaurants in Texas?
The most unique restaurants in Texas are:
- Vaudeville, a gorgeous eatery in Fredericksburg that's also an art gallery
- Line & Lariat, a beautiful Houston restaurant that sits inside an old bank building
- Rails, a cafe and train depot in Kerrville
- Hungry Like the Wolf, a Houston restaurant that celebrates the nostalgia of the 1980s
- The Most Unique McDonald’s In The World, located in the Dallas Zoo
- SnoBall Hut, an unassuming eatery in Houston with over 200 flavors of snow cones
- Cookbook Bar & Café, a lovely cafe tucked inside the Austin library
What are the best hidden gem restaurants in Texas?
The best hidden gem restaurants in Texas are:
- Greer's Ranch Cafe, A Stephenville that's known for its incredible breakfast menu
- Grand Central Cafe, a Kingsland eatery that serves delicious home cooking and amazing pumpkin pie
- Sweetie Pie's Ribeyes, a Decatur gem that is full of cowboy decor. It dates back to the 1880s and serves amazing comfort food.
- Beef House, a 24/7 restaurant in Garland that serves amazing waffles and comfort food dishes
- The Feed Mill, a Gatesville eatery that's known for its prime rib dinners on Fridays and friendly atmosphere
- Butter Churn, a no-frills restaurant located in Aransas Pass. They're known for their all-you-can-eat dishes.
- Joe's Barbecue Company, an Alvin restaurant that serves smokey BBQ that will make your mouth water.