Dallas - Fort Worth October 25, 2017
These 10 Restaurants Serve The Best Chicken-Fried Steak In Dallas – Fort Worth
Just thinking of a huge slab of chicken-fried steak smothered in creamed and usually peppered gravy starts any true Texan salivating! Hungry now? Why wait til lunch or dinner; many diners serve up this Southern favorite for breakfast with a side of eggs! Here’s where you need to head (in no order) to find the best chicken-fried steak in the Metroplex:
1. Norma's Café, various locations — Dallas area
Since 1956, this restaurant has been considered a Texas home cooking Dallas destination. There are now three Dallas locations, along with one in Frisco and Plano.
Norma's features a classic Chicken Fried Steak, one with grilled cheese, and even an option topped with queso, chorizo, and pico.
2. Horsehoe Hill Cafe, 204 W. Exchange Ave. — Fort Worth
This restaurant offers SIX options to this Southern classic!
3. Mac's Bar & Grille, 6077 W. Interstate 20 — Arlington
A nice cut of meat with peppered gravy and potato keeps people coming back to Mac's for this traditional favorite.
4. Hoffbrau Steakhouse, various locations.
This steak and grill house has a location in Dallas, Fort Worth, Haltom City, and Irving.
You can order your chicken fried steak here as a traditional favorite. Or, try Tex-Mex faves with pepper jack cheese, guacamole, and pico de gallo, or even smothered with jalapeno gravy!
5. Common Table, 2917 Fairmount St. — Dallas
This fill-your-stomach staple is even better served outdoors at the Common Table.
6. Razzoo's Cajun Café — various locations
Find Razzoo's in Fort Worth, Irving, Lewisville, and Arlington.
Razzoo's adds its Cajun-influenced spices to create a unique version to this staple.
7. Allgood Café, 2934 Main St. — Dallas
Allgood is known for its HUGE servings that fill the plate!
8. Dixie House Café, four locations in Tarrant County.
This Southern-style café has locations in Fort Worth and Euless.
Dixie House offers weekly specials on CFS and serves it at breakfast and lunch.
9. The Ranch at Las Colinas, 857 W. John Carpenter Freeway — Irving
This Texas-inspired restaurant does us locals proud with its tried-and-true version of CFS.
10. Bubba's Cooks Country, 6617 Hillcrest Ave. — Dallas
Bubba's is housed in a 1929 Texaco Service Station converted into an Art Deco-style diner. All menu items are cooked to home-style perfection!
Where is your favorite place to enjoy a mouthwatering chicken-fried steak in the Dallas-Fort Worth area?