These 16 Songs About Nashville Will Touch Your Soul Today
These songs about Nashville will either touch your soul or get your toes tappin’, but it’s always a neat thing to hear about your homeland (home city…?) in a song. We’ve found a couple of zingers that mention Music City, just to get that Nashville pride on its feet.
16) Crazy Town – Jason Aldean
A subtle nod to our southern Hollywood hip-ness, of course.
15) East Nashville Skyline – Todd Snider
Because East Nashville needed it’s own song. Even with it’s lack of skyline.
14) Home – Ben Rector
Can’t we all relate to this one…?
13) Nashville Without You – Tim McGraw
Ugh. SO CUTE, Tim! Just stop it already – we’re single.
12) Murder On Music Row – George Strait & Alan Jackson
A bit of old school twang to get you in the mood.
11) Wrong Side of Memphis – Trisha Yearwood
90’s Trisha Yearwood gets us every time – Garth got himself a good woman.
10) West Nashville Grand Ballroom Gown – Jimmy Buffett
One of our favorite Jimmy Buffett tunes.
9) Strings of Nashville – Pavement
Nashville angst, anyone?
8) Guitar Town – Steve Earle
Well, that we are. If you don’t play guitar you can’t live here. No, really.
7) Tennessee Flat-Top Box – Johnny Cash
Cash simply HAD to make our top ten – obvs.
6) Tennessee Homesick Blues – Dolly Parton
And the Queen of Country, crooning about her Middle Tennessee home – she hails from the east though, folks! SO settle down.
5) Sundown in Nashville – Marty Stuart
The prettiest time of day, if you ask us!
4) Tennessee Line – Daughtry
DAUGHTRY. Your voooooice. C’mon now – all the feels.
3) Round Here – Counting Crows
Again with angst. Real good angst.
2) Nashville Tennessee – Frank Turner
Can you tell this is about Nashville…? Nah. Us neither.
1) Nashville – Noah Gunderson
Everything about this song is perfect. Doesn’t this feel like the current vibe, Nashvillians?
Do you have a favorite…? Let us know in the comments below – oooooor leave an idea of your own! We’d love to hear.