This Epic One-Day Road Trip Across Southern California Is Full Of Adventures From Sunrise To Sunset
In the mood for a road trip, but only have one day to spend? We’ve got you covered with a fantastic one-day scenic road trip in Southern California. You’ll start in beautiful Malibu and make your way south until you reach the coast of San Diego, and you’ll catch some of the best sunrises in Southern California if you get up early enough. Check out our interactive map for an easy route and enjoy a day full of outdoor adventures, from the beach to the mountains, on a scenic day trip in Southern California.
At the end of the day, you’re sure to be tired and happy and have plenty of memories made in all the outdoor locales. Any one place highlighting Southern California’s natural beauty is enough to make anyone’s day complete. With this scenic day trip in Southern California, you’ll get to see four incredible places all packed into one day, starting with gorgeous Southern California sunrises. Enjoy the trip, and be sure to take a look at these eleven unique scenic road trips in Southern California.
More to Explore
Road Trip-Worthy Destinations in Southern California
What are the best bucket list destinations in Southern California?
The best bucket list destinations in Southern California include:
- Pelican Cove at Rancho Palos Verdes. Locals love to come here to hike, paint, and take in the gorgeous clifftop ocean views.
- Joshua Tree. This area’s namesake trees are an otherworldly wonder to behold and you won’t find a better sunset.
- Death Valley National Park. Be sure to bring lots of water and shade because this area is as hot and dry as it is awe-inspiring.
- Palisades Park in Santa Monica. If you’re looking for the quintessential Southern California style and vibe, this park has it, with palm trees and lovely ocean views.
Find out more about the best bucket list destinations in Southern California.
What are the most underrated attractions in Southern California?
The most underrated attractions in Southern California include:
- The Living Zoo and Gardens. Located in the Palm Desert, this wondrous place allows you to feed majestic giraffes by hand.
- Torrey Pines State Reserve. Southern California’s natural beauty is on full display here, with cliffside trails overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
- Gardens of the World. This little-known gem in Thousand Oaks has several gardens in Japanese, French, Italian, and other styles.
- Prospect Park. The Redlands area is home to this peaceful park that is filled with lush trees, wildlife, and nature trails.
Discover more about the most underrated attractions in Southern California.
What are some must-see destinations in Southern California?
Must-see destinations in Southern California include:
- The Victoria Beach Pirate Tower. This medieval-looking tower is nestled against the cliffs where the waves crash into it creating a wondrous sight.
- El Dorado Nature Center. This verdant nature center has several gorgeous trails ranging from one to three miles in length.
- La Jolla Tidepools. La Jolla Cove has stunning cliffs and ocean views as well as tide pools filled with tiny marine life.
- Idyllwild. This charming and picturesque small town is a refreshing and beautiful day trip with quaint shops, mountain views, and delicious restaurants.
Learn more about these and other must-see destinations in Southern California.