The Most Famous Hotel In Southern California Is Also One Of The Most Historic Places You'll Ever Sleep
As local travel experts, we know what travelers are looking for when it comes to finding the perfect accommodations for their next trip. To compile our lists, we scour the internet to find properties with excellent ratings and reviews, desirable amenities, nearby attractions, and that something special that makes a destination worthy of traveling for.
If you’ve ever dreamed of spending a weekend like a king or queen, then this historic hotel in Southern California is where you need to stay! The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa is famous for its Spanish Mission-style architecture and historic background. Welcoming guests since 1876, you can almost feel the history exuding from this stately hotel’s walls. Your time at the Mission Inn is bound to be an experience to remember, so be sure to check out this famous hotel in Southern California.
Here’s an awesome video showcasing the beauty of the Mission Inn Hotel and Spa:
Have you stayed at the world-famous Mission Inn Hotel and Spa? This place is just breathtaking! Share your thoughts and experiences with us in the comments below.
This hotel is also great during the holidays, and you can read more about all the holiday festivities at this historic hotel in Southern California.
More to Explore
FAMOUS HOTELS IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA & RELATED INFO
What are the most famous hotels in Southern California?
There are lots of great hotels in Southern California, but there are some that are more well-known than others. Here are 7 of the most famous hotels in Southern California:
- The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara
- Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach, Dana Point
- JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa, Palm Desert
- Fairmont Grand Del Mar, San Diego
- Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa, Rancho Santa Fe
- Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, Golf Club & Spa, Carlsbad
- The Maybourne Beverly Hills, Beverly Hills
Here’s a previous article with more information about one of the best and most famous hotels in Southern California.
What are some famous hotels in California?
While the Mission Inn is perhaps the most famous hotel in California, there are others that are also noteworthy. Here are 7 of the most famous hotels in California:
- Beverly Wilshire, A Four Seasons Hotel, Beverly Hills
- Hotel del Coronado, Curio Collection by Hilton, Coronado
- The Hollywood Roosevelt, Los Angeles
- Madonna Inn, San Luis Obispo
- Hotel Fairmont, San Francisco
- The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay
- Hotel Californian, Santa Barbara
These famous hotels can attract a lot of traffic, so if you’re searching for a peaceful getaway consider a stay at this 150-year-old hotel in Southern California.
What are the oldest hotels in California?
The Golden State has been a highly desired destination for travelers, which means it has a few places that are amongst the oldest hotels in California. Many of these hotels have been around for over 150 years. Here are 3 of the oldest hotels in California:
- The Groveland Hotel, Sacramento - built in 1849, has been the sight of several businesses including a Greyhound Bus Station
- The National Exchange Hotel, Nevada City - built between 1854 - 1857, is a sophisticated Victorian-style hotel and has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- The Murphys Historic Hotel, Murphys - built in 1856, is an old-world charm hotel that was part of the gold rush era.
While these hotels in California are historic, be sure to check out our previous article that features the oldest hotel in Southern California that was built in 1888.