These 6 Charming Apple Orchards In Southern California Are Great For A Fall Day
As the long summer days turn into shorter and chillier afternoons here in Southern California, we know autumn is just around the corner. And although saying goodbye to summer is bittersweet, we can’t help but get excited about all that fall has to offer. Especially apple orchard season! If you love the idea of sipping hot cider and plucking fresh apples right off the tree, then take a look at the best apple orchards in Southern California that will get you into the fall state of mind in no time. I’m a little giddy just thinking about it. How about you? Let’s check out the best spots for apple picking in Southern California this fall:
I can’t wait to get out for some apple picking in Southern California at these incredible orchards. I love autumn in Southern California so much! What are some of your other favorite fall activities you enjoy in SoCal? Let me know!
More to Explore
Apple Picking in Southern California
Where can I go apple picking in Southern California?
Apple picking in Southern California is something that many visitors do not expect to find. However, as long as you know where to pick apples in Southern California then you’ll be able to enjoy this welcomed adventure all season long.
- There are plenty of farms to visit in fall in Southern California which offer up a unique opportunity to indulge in pumpkin patches, fresh apple cider, and of course, apples picked right from the trees.
- A few of the best apple-picking orchards to check out in Southern California include Willowbrook Apple Farm, Snow-Line Orchard, Riley’s Farm, Los Rios Rancho, and Apple Starr Orchard.
When is the best time to visit an apple orchard in Southern California?
Since each area of the country will have different temperatures throughout the year, it’s best to know when the right time to go apple picking in Southern California is.
- For those of you who are in disbelief, California does have an apple season and if you don’t want to settle for just picking apples out of the bin at the grocery store, then you can go straight to the source at any one of the many farms to visit in fall in Southern California.
- Apples that grow in Southern California are usually ripe and ready to be picked in August and September of each year so make sure to mark your calendars.
What are the best farms to visit in the fall in Southern California?
Outside of the farms perfect for apple picking in Southern California, there are plenty of other farms to visit that have other festive fall activities. From patches with pumpkin picking to corn mazes and haunted houses, there will be no shortage of things when you’re looking for what to do in the fall in Southern California.
- A few of the best farms to visit include Tanaka Farms, Mr. Bones Pumpkin Patch, and Johnson Brothers Pumpkin Patch to name a few.