12 Bucket List Worthy Restaurants To Try In Southern California, One For Each Month Of The Year
The New Year is a great time to think about the new adventures that lie ahead, including food-inspired adventures! Here in Southern California, we’re lucky to have access to some of the most unique restaurants in the country. Whether you enjoy a memorable ambiance, an unforgettable menu, or a balance of both, there is a plethora of incredible dining experiences to be had in SoCal. Here are 12 bucket list-worthy unique restaurants in Southern California that you’ll want to consider visiting in the upcoming year if you haven’t visited them already!
Have you been to any of these unique restaurants in California? There are so many dining adventures out there! Take a look at these 12 unique dining experiences in Southern California with amazing views. Share your favorite with us in the comments below.
More to Explore
The Best Food In Southern California
What are the most iconic foods in Southern California?
These are the most iconic foods in Southern California:
- Fish Tacos. Many places all over Southern California specialize in this dish that uses either grilled or fried fish.
- Guacamole. Avocados are a Southern California staple and their most common use is in making guacamole, usually with tomato, onion, and spices.
- California Rolls. The sushi rolls that were named for this area. They tend to be made with avocado and crab meat.
- French Dip. The sandwich was invented in Southern California at Phillipe.
These are just a few of the most iconic foods in Southern California. Find out more about these and other ones.
What are some hidden gem restaurants in Southern California?
Here are some hidden gem restaurants in Southern California:
- Cholada Thai Cuisine. It looks like a nondescript house, but this restaurant in Malibu has some of the best Thai food in Southern California.
- Ruby’s Sandwich Saloon. Located in Costa Mesa, this little eatery has been serving up excellent sandwiches for over 40 years.
- Roscoe’s House of Chicken and Waffles. While this dish seems to be more of a Southern food, this Los Angeles restaurant does it extremely well.
- El Gallito. Nestled in Cathedral City, this cash-only restaurant has some of the most authentic and delicious Mexcian food around.
Find out more about these and other hidden gem restaurants in Southern California.
What are the best themed restaurants in Southern California?
These are the best themed restaurants in Southern California:
- The Galley. This Santa Monica restaurant is decorated like the galley of an old ship and serves delicious seafood.
- Studio Diner. In true Southern California style, this restaurant is set up like an old-fashioned movie studio.
- Hawks’ Head Public House. Located in Oak Glen, this restaurant looks like an 18th-century tavern, with waitstaff dressed in Colonial garb.
- Don the Beachcomber. An old-style Tiki-themed restaurant in Huntington Beach with rum cocktails and lots of bamboo and batik.
Learn about these and a few more of the best themed restaurants in Southern California.