The Middle-Of-Nowhere General Store With Some Of The Best Caramel Rolls In South Dakota
Are you looking for a little something to perk you up in the morning? We have just the thing: a made-from-scratch cinnamon roll! It’s not from a bakery, but a charming South Dakota general store! Does the very thought make your mouth water? If so, follow us to this middle-of-nowhere general store that serves some of the best caramel rolls in South Dakota:
Do you have a favorite place that you would like to see featured on Only in South Dakota? Nominate it here! Have you been to this lovely general store in South Dakota? Did you sample the best caramel rolls in South Dakota? Let us know about it in the comments. While you’re in the state, check out some bucket-list destinations in South Dakota you absolutely must see!
More to Explore
The Culinary Creativity of South Dakota
What are the most iconic foods in South Dakota?
The most iconic foods in South Dakota include:
- Kuchen. The state dessert is kind of like a large tart made with custard and fruit and it is utterly scrumptious.
- Chili and Cinnamon Rolls. Yes, together. Locals love to dip cinnamon rolls into their chili for a sweet and spicy treat.
- Chislic. This is a dish made up of cubed and skewered lamb or beef with onions and is either grilled or deep-fried.
- Kolache. These are pastries topped with cream cheese or candied fruit made from traditional Central European recipes.
Discover more about the most iconic foods in South Dakota.
What are the best bucket list restaurants in South Dakota?
The best bucket list restaurants in South Dakota include:
- Alpine Inn in Hill City. This old place has been around since 1886 and specializes in delicious German cuisine.
- Purple Pie Place in Deadwood. Locals flock here seasonally for some of the best pies and milkshakes in the state.
- Grey Goose Store & Social Club in Pierre. This is the place to go for succulent prime rib as well as Mexican food and sandwiches.
- Boom’s Drive-In in Platte. This is a nostalgic icon with huge onion rings, tasty burgers, and old-fashioned root beer.
Learn more about the best bucket list restaurants in South Dakota.
What are the most unique restaurants in South Dakota?
The most unique restaurants in South Dakota include:
- Cheyenne Crossing in Lead. Come here for yummy Indian Tacos which are fry bread topped with beans, cheese, tomatoes, onions, and more.
- Khorasan Kabob House in Sioux Falls. If you’re looking for authentic Middle Eastern cuisine, this place should not be missed.
- Desperados Cowboy Restaurant in Hill City. This is an Old-West style restaurant with homemade potato chips and delicious buffalo burgers.
- Nick’s Hamburger Shop in Brooking. This little burger joint urges customers to “Buy ‘em by the bag,” and you’ll end up wanting more than one bag.
Find out more about the most unique restaurants in South Dakota.