The Tiny Amish Town In South Carolina That's The Perfect Day Trip Destination
When considering a trip to South Carolina, most people think of the food, the southern culture, and the Lowlands. But, there’s so much to this unique state. In fact, there are certainly quite a few surprises around every corner. For instance, while there may not be many Amish churches or communities, there is one that’s worth exploring. Although the entire small town of Blackville isn’t Amish, there is a strong community of Amish people and businesses here. If you love everything Amish, a day trip to Blackville is certainly in order. Take a look at a few of the things to see and do in this tiny town.
Have you ever visited Blackville, or are you from this small town? If so, we’d love to hear what you think visitors should see! Let us know in the comments. Additionally, we’d love to see your pictures if you have any to share.
And, for another charming tiny town to visit in the Palmetto State, check out Cope, South Carolina.
More to Explore
Things To Do in South Carolina
What unique tours in South Carolina can I take?
There are quite a few unique tours in South Carolina you can take. Here are a few favorites among visitors and residents:
- Pinopolis Lock Boat Tour via Fisheagle Wildlife Tours, Santee. This might be best known for its scenic tours of the Pinopolis Lock. The tour takes about two to three hours and is well worth the trip.
- Charleston Pirate Tours, Charleston. This tour takes visitors around the city, but the nighttime Ghost and Pirate Tour are particularly popular.
- A Horseback Waterfall Tour, Pickens. Beautiful scenery and sweeping mountain views await on one of these unique horseback journeys.
You can also take yourself on your own tour by hopping in the car and heading off on this road trip to eight of South Carolina's national parks.
What are the best day trips in South Carolina?
The best day trips in South Carolina offer access to everything from nature to history to great food. Here are a few favorites:
- Moncks Corner, Berkeley County. Located just 60 miles south of Charleston, this fun small town is perfect for an entire day of exploring something new.
- Edisto Beach State Park, Edisto Island. This underrated state park offers everything from dolphin and beach combing eco-tours to sea turtle viewing to hiking.
- Lower Whitewater Falls, Salem. This beautiful waterfall is the highest waterfall east of the Rocky Mountains and it sits right between South Carolina and North Carolina.
- The South Carolina State Museum, Columbia. This is a great day trip for families. The museum can be found in a building dating back to 1894 that formerly housed the country's first all-electric cotton mill.
For those looking to explore even more of the state, check out these 12 wonderful day trips in South Carolina. There's one for every month of the year!