Nature April 04, 2019
Find The Very Best Italian Cuisine In This Unassuming Rhode Island Neighborhood
If you are on the prowl for authentic Italian cuisine in Rhode Island, there is only one place to go. The neighborhood of Federal Hill in Providence has been a cultural hub for more than a century. The restaurants in this Little Italy boast family recipes and time-honored traditions which translate into the most spectacular Old World cuisine. Each eatery has its own atmosphere and specialty dishes, so if you adore Italian food, you’ll want to try them all!
During these uncertain times, please keep safety in mind and consider adding destinations to your bucket list to visit at a later date.
1. Angelo's Civita Farnese Restaurant has been a mainstay of Federal Hill since 1924. This family-friendly spot has a diverse menu with all the Italian classics you've come to love.
Dive into a hearty lasagna, a light antipasto, or traditional meatballs. The flavors are full and authentic and the atmosphere is warm and friendly at Angelo's.
Address: 141 Atwells Ave., Providence, RI 02903.
2. Camille's Restaurant has been a Rhody landmark since 1914. This upscale spot is a wonderful choice for a romantic night out or special celebration.
Discover plenty of Italian classics with contemporary flair. Relax with fine wine and scrumptious fare at Camille's.
Address: 71 Bradford St., Providence, RI 02903.
3. Cassarino's Restaurant is an award-winning option for northern Italian fare. With a delicious variety of entrees and desserts, your palate will feel like its traveled across the world at this spot.
Address: 177 Atwells Ave., Providence, RI 02903.
4. Specializing in southern Italian dishes, Enoteca Umberto is an intimate eatery that will take you on a culinary journey. The unique 18-seat restaurant makes you feel as if you're savoring a meal at the home of a true friend.
Address: 256 Atwells Ave., Providence, RI 02903.
5. Joe Marzilli's Old Canteen Italian Restaurant is the oldest family-run Italian eatery in the state. This high-end restaurant aims to please with its Old World atmosphere and fine cuisine.
More than 60 years experience puts the dishes at this Federal Hill spot on the map. Order a la carte or dive into the famous seven-course Italian meal.
Address: 120 Atwells Ave., Providence, RI 02903.
6. Voted Best Restaurant in the state for 2018 by Rhode Island Monthly, Massimo gives its diners a real treat. You'll find an energetic and inviting location highlighting fresh ingredients on every plate.
Wines are sourced from boutique winemakers and only available at Massimo. Pair a glass with one of the seasonal pastas for an unforgettable meal.
Address: 134 Atwells Ave., Providence, RI 02903.
7. Pane E Vino is an elegant but unpretentious place to enjoy a mouthwatering meal. The outstanding southern Italian dishes feature a wide variety of meats and seafood to tempt your taste buds.
Address: 365 Atwells Ave., Providence, RI 02903.
8. Siena is carving out its niche on Federal Hill with a warm atmosphere and authentic Tuscan cuisine. This upscale family-owned spot is a breath of fresh air along Atwells Avenue.
From calamari to veal, the plates look amazing and just sing with flavor. Enjoy Italian fare with a modern flair at Siena.
Address: 238 Atwells Ave., Providence, RI 02903.
9. Tavolo is a casual Italian wine bar and restaurant that offers a casual place for authentic cuisine. From innovative entrees to hand-crafted desserts, you'll be wowed with every bite.
Address: 289 Atwells Ave., Providence, RI 02903.
10. Discover delicious yet simple dishes at Trattoria Zooma. Savor house-made pastas and wood-fired pizzas from the Neapolitan kitchen at this delightful restaurant.
Address: 245 Atwells Ave., Providence, RI 02903.
Which of these Federal Hill Restaurants are your favorites? Where is your go-to spot for authentic Italian cuisine? If you’re seeking the best seafood in the state, head to these
incredible restaurants that serve up the fresh catch you’re looking for.