5 Cozy Cold Weather Getaways In Rhode Island To Help You Beat The Winter Blues
Rhode Island’s winters are cold, quiet, peaceful… and admittedly, at times, a bit dull. However, instead of staying inside and getting cabin fever, it’s always better to enjoy a change of scenery. And with months to go until tourist season kicks off, this is the perfect time for a weekend escape. These five Rhode Island winter getaways are especially cozy and welcoming this time of year! Who says winter in Rhode Island has to be frigid and miserable? Not us – check these out!
While travel may look different for a while, when you live in Rhode Island, local travel is pretty fantastic. Which one of these places will you visit first?
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
Rhode Island Winter Getaways
- What are some of the best Rhode Island winter getaways?
Among the best Rhode Island winter getaways you should add to your bucket list are crown jewels like:
- The most beautiful beaches in RI to visit in the winter
- A visit to the most beautiful winter town in Rhode Island
- Go horseback riding through the amazing Lincoln Woods State Park
2. What are some of the best places to stay in Newport RI?
The best places to stay in Newport RI include amazing spots like:
3. What is winter in Rhode Island like?
Winter in Rhode Island gets cold, to say the least. Daily high temperatures tend to hover around the 21 to 36 degree range, oftentimes not even reaching above freezing (32 degrees) all day. Temperatures at night can easily plunge below zero. Snowfall in Rhode Island varies, with Block Island receiving around 20 inches per year (which is lower than the national average of 28 inches) and the southeast shores seeing about 40-55 inches per year. Of course, there are still plenty of things to do in winter in Rhode Island, like:
- Bumper cars on ice
- Embark upon an amazing winter hiking trail in RI
- Check out the delightful Slater Park Christmas Tree Trail