Portland December 19, 2017
10 Struggles Everyone In Portland Can Relate To
We can all agree that Portland is a beautiful place to live. Rich in natural beauty, adventure and entertainment, there is plenty to keep us busy even through the long winter months. Life here though is not without struggles. Whether big or small, these are some of the struggles that face Portlanders around the city:
1. It's raining and you forget your raincoat
This is always made worse when you spot a dog better prepared than you.
2. Just enough snow to be annoying, but not enough to properly prepare
Do you have a snow shovel after last year?
3. Navigating potholes from winter to spring
While we don't get regular snow, our roads take a beating each year and you better keep your eyes on them to successfully navigate the newly formed potholes.
4. Skyrocketing housing
Housing prices continue to rise all across the city.
5. Getting confused with the other Portland
It does kind of look like our city though, right?
6. Planning for traffic
It seems like it is always rush hour lately.
7. Bridge delays
Whether construction or a bridge lifting, crossing the Willamette can take longer than expected.
8. Heading to your favorite cart, only to find it closed for the day
So sad, but thankfully, there is more good food nearby.
9. Choosing a favorite local beer
With over 60 breweries in the city, your favorites list may be too long to choose an actual favorite.
10. Or even finding the best place to eat
There are so many great places to eat in Portland, deciding on one can be an arduous process.
What other Portland struggles do you have? Let us know in the comments below.