Ohio November 24, 2015
15 Reasons The Entire Country Should Be Thankful For Ohio
Thanksgiving is upon us; so it’s time to start giving gratitude where gratitude is due.
Ohio is a fairly important state, whether you realize it or not. From taking important steps in American history (and giant leaps for mankind) to inventing common objects and services we take for granted every day, Ohio was often at the forefront of many significant changes in society. Imagine our nation without Ohio—and then be thankful that it exists.
1. Eight U.S. Presidents came from Ohio…
We're currently tied with Virginia for which state has the most—but give it time and that will change.
2. …and because of our swing state status, we’re actually pretty significant when it comes to Presidential Elections.
3. We paved the way for mankind…
Man may have never conjured up the courage to walk on the moon if it wasn’t for one brave Ohioan.
4. …and we continue to do so.
Joke about it all you want, but we know the truth of the matter: We're smart. We're REALLY smart.
5. We may not have ever discovered electricity if it wasn’t for one ingenious Ohioan.
The birthplace of Thomas A. Edison is Milan, OH.
6. Oberlin College showed the nation that no matter what sex or ethnicity you are you deserve a shot at a college education…
…no matter what sex or ethnicity of people you’re around.
7. Ohio is believed to have been the first state to have an African American elected to public office.
John Mercer Langston, elected clerk of Brownhelm in 1854, is believed to have been the first African American ever elected to public office.
8. Ohio was also the first state to enact laws protecting working women.
9. Without Ohio, America wouldn’t have the simple pleasure of a frosty or a square burger…
10. …and it would never be Skyline Time.
11. There would be no Roller Coaster Capital of the World.
DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW DEPRESSING THIS WOULD BE?
12. We probably wouldn’t even have rock n’ roll.
Cleveland is the proud home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
13. WHAT would we watch on T.V. repeatedly every Christmas?
The official “A Christmas Story” house is also located in Cleveland.
14. Canton is the proud home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
You’re welcome, America.
15. Without Ohio, America would have no “heart of it all.”
OUR COUNTRY WOULD HAVE NO HEART.
Why else should America be thankful for Ohio?