Ohio September 26, 2017
12 Unwritten Rules Every Ohioan Lives By ‘Til Death
Here in Ohio, there are just some things you do and don’t do. From weather related dos and don’ts to sports team dos and dont’s, the following are 12 unwritten rules every Ohioan lives by death. See how many you follow—and what else you would add to this list.
1. NEVER expect the weather to make sense. Ever.
Stop trying to understand it and just accept it. Life isn't fair.
2. If it can be decorated, you need to make it Ohio-themed.
Always show your state pride. <3
3. Don't put your patio furniture out until mid-May.
You know, just to be safe.
4. Do cherish the small town life.
Because when or if you leave, you WILL miss it.
5. That state up north shall never be named.
Never. Under any circumstances.
6. Don't let the snow stop you from getting to where you need to be.
...just be sure to drive with some common sense.
7. DO be prepared for snow anytime, anywhere.
Rookie mistake. NEVER leave home without a snow-brush and ice-scraper. It doesn't matter if it's April.
8. Never, ever order a "soda."
Come on. If you do this, you're just asking for the rest of us to exclude you.
9. Always, always respond with an "I-O" when you hear an "O-H."
If you stay silent, you’re heartless.
10. When you drive, ALWAYS be on guard.
If you make it out of one massive pothole alive, you’ll just hit another one. Don't feel so accomplished.
11. And don't underestimate the deer.
They have a death wish.
12. Ohioans and Ohioans only are allowed to make fun of Ohio.
Anyone else who does so is just plain mean.
What other rules would you add to this list? Let us know!