Ohio December 07, 2017
7 Things No One Tells You About Surviving An Ohio Winter
Here in Ohio, winter can be fun. (For a list of things to do and see, click
here.) But it also comes with its own unique set of challenges. Ohio winters are some of the most unpredictable, fluctuating winters. Here are 7 things no one tells you about surviving an Ohio winter:
1. The temperatures drop, but you never really know where they'll stay.
For all we know, we could be looking at another 70 degree Christmas.
2. Snow days will be random.
We'd like to think that the standards for what calls for a snow day are consistent, but they really aren't. The logic varies on the day.
3. There's always a chance you'll lose power at some point.
It's not always the snow you have to look out for. The ice can be just as inconvenient.
4. You'll make a lot of these, probably without knowing it. (But you'll see them in the spring!)
Winter just wants everyone to know it was there.
5. You will need an ice scraper and snow brush in your car from December to mid-May.
Because you honestly never know when the snow will fall.
6. Those layers that you're currently bundled up in from the frigid morning will be useless by 3 p.m.
With unpredictable temperatures and snowfall, it comes with the territory.
7. You will not have a White Christmas. Ever.
There's a chance it will snow on any other day of the year BUT December 24 -25. You can bet money on that.
What else would you add to this list?
If you’re looking for some fun things to do this winter, check out our previous article:
You Must Visit These 10 Awesome Places In Ohio This Winter.