Enjoy A Scenic Train Ride And Spend The Night In A Pullman Car At This Little-Known Ohio Railroad
There’s something so wholly, wholesomely charming about the railroad. The romance and history, the beguiling train cars, the experience of a ride through some of the country’s most scenic landscapes… we have major locomotive love here at OnlyInYourState. For Ohio train enthusiasts, Dennison Railroad Depot is a little-known railroad that not only offers Pullman train rides, but also a rail museum, and even an overnight train experience in a vintage car!
Did you know about the Dennison Railroad Depot? Doesn’t a scenic train ride in Ohio and overnight adventure at this railroad sound like the most epic getaway ever? Visit the Dennison Railroad Depot website to plan your scenic train ride, and then hop over to The Pullman Bed and Breakfast to book your night in a historic train car!
If you are on the hunt for more exciting ways to discover the great state of Ohio, we recommend taking a look at Airbnb Experiences for some one-of-a-kind opportunities.
More to Explore
Discovering Scenic Ohio
Are there other scenic train rides in Ohio that I can take?
If you want to continue marveling at Ohio's natural beauty, you absolutely have to hop aboard one of these scenic train rides in Ohio:
- Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad offers a gorgeous trip through Cuyahoga Valley National Park, and if the sights aren't enough, there are options for a cocktail train, brunch train, and even a murder mystery train!
- Hocking Valley Scenic Railway takes you through Hocking Valley to see the gorgeous sites.
- The Lebanon, Mason, and Monroe Railroad takes you through Southwestern Ohio to admire the natural surroundings.
What are the best road trips in Ohio to take?
Pack a bag, toss some snacks in the glovebox, and get on the road, because there are lots of exciting road trips in Ohio that you can go on such as:
- The Ohio waterfalls road trip takes you to seven stunning waterfalls in about 10 hours of driving time. It's a perfect little weekend adventure.
- The Ohio lighthouses road trip, which is only three and a half hours long, leads you to eight glorious lighthouses.
- The abandoned places in Ohio road trip, which is a little creepy but well worth it, features nine stops at different abandoned places around the state.
Can I ride any themed trains in Ohio?
A great way to celebrate the holidays, change in seasons, or just a random weekend is by hopping aboard a themed train in Ohio. Some of the most exciting options include:
- The Cuyahoga Scenic Railroad offers a whimsical Polar Express train that is the ideal way to ring in the holiday season.
- The Northwest Ohio Railroad Preservation Pumpkin Train takes you right to a charming pumpkin patch where you can pick up your own carve-able veggie.
- The Cincinnati Dinner Train offers a touch of vintage class to enjoy alongside your meal.