Ohio November 09, 2015
15 Reasons Why Ohio Is The Most Underrated State In The U.S.
It cannot be said enough: Ohio is underrated (like, severely underrated.) Ohio is MUCH more than cornfields, football and the drastic weather changes people often joke about. From its beautiful hidden gems that will leave you speechless to its leading roles in the evolution of our nation, it’s pretty difficult to deny that Ohio doesn’t get the credit it deserves. The following are just 15 of the many reasons why Ohio is most definitely the most underrated state in the U.S.
1. We dare to be different.
(Ohio’s state flag is the only state flag that's not in the shape of a rectangle.)
2. We’ve acquired quite the reputation over the years for moving into the White House…
Eight presidents came from Ohio. (We're currently tied with Virginia for which state has the most—but give it time and that will change.)
3. …and because of our swing state status, we’re actually pretty significant when it comes to Presidential Elections.
4. We paved the way for mankind...
5. ...and continue to do so.
(Joke about it all you want, but we know the truth of the matter: We're smart. We're REALLY smart.)
6. We’re creative, original and innovative.
(Pictured: Skyline Chili's iconic 3-Way.)
7. If you think Ohio is boring and/or nothing but cornfields, then you’ve probably never been to any of our hidden gems—and you should probably refrain from sharing your opinion…Please.)
(Pictured: Hocking Hills State Park)
8. We’re home to what is literally "The Roller Coaster Capital OF THE WORLD."
(AKA: Cedar Point Amusement Park.)
9. We are the birthplace of rock n’ roll. THE BIRTHPLACE OF ROCK N’ ROLL.
10. We’re home to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. (Come on guys, that’s a pretty big deal…)
11. The largest accessible glacial gloves IN THE WORLD can be found here.
Did you know that? Take a trip to Kelleys Island and check it out.
12. We’re also home to the National Museum of the United States Air Force.
(...because we know the Wright Brothers aren’t the only guys to recognize when it comes to aviation history.)
13. Here in Ohio, you can find the world’s largest collection of Indian burial mounds (at Hopewell Culture National Historic Park,) as well as what’s arguably the world’s most unusual mound, the Great Serpent Mound.
14. Ohio does ice cream. Ohio does ice cream VERY well.
Graeter's is King and Jeni's is Queen.
15. No where else in the world will you find a rural sunset as heartwarming as Ohio’s.
Why else is Ohio the most underrated state in America? Complete our list in the comments below!