There's A Beautiful Covered Bridge Trail In Ohio And You'll Want To Take It
Because Ohio is undeniably gorgeous year-round, it’s the perfect place to take leisurely road trips in any season. Fortunately, you can find several scenic byways in Ohio that will take you to some of the most incredible covered bridges in the state. This is one Ohio covered bridge tour you’ll never forget (and will want to do again).
The Covered Bridges Byway in Ashtabula County, (also known as the Ashtabula County Covered Bridge Tour), is an especially beautiful way to take in some of the state’s back road scenery and discover some charming covered bridges in Ohio along the way. Drive through America’s shortest and longest covered bridge along this scenic route, which features a total of 18 covered bridges in Ashtabula County, with 16 of them drivable. Begin your drive at the Windsor Mills Covered Bridge near Orwell and end your journey at Creek Road Covered Bridge near Kingsville. To view a map of the complete route (including four separate tour options), click visit Google Maps. This will surely be one of the best road trips in Ohio you can take!
Explore some of Ohio’s most jaw-dropping covered bridges in this awesome video:
So, what do you think of this tour of covered bridges in Ohio? Are you up for this beautiful drive? Let us know in the comments! For more covered bridges and scenic routes in Ohio, check out our previous articles. These beautiful covered bridges in Ohio will remind you of a simpler time, and take this gorgeous fall foliage road trip to see Ohio like never before. Need somewhere to stay? Don’t forget about that! Check out all the options with our friends at VRBO.
More to Explore
Ohio Covered Bridge Tour
What are some of the most fascinating historical places in Ohio?
- For more ancient than recent history, head to Fort Ancient Earthworks & Nature Preserve in Oregonia. Here you will view and learn about an ancient 2,000-year-old earthwork once used as a ceremonial gathering place.
- There is also a museum where you can immerse yourself in the fascinating history of the area. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Deersville General Store has been a landmark in Ohio since 1898. Visit and check out the interesting array of items offered at this store or stop here for a bite to eat!
What are some of the most enchanting places in Ohio?
- Feel like you’re in a fairy tale by taking our Fairy Tale Road Trip to some of Ohio’s most enchanting places. This magical road trip will lead you to places like Squire’s Castle in Willoughby Hills, Stan Hywat Hall and Gardens in Akron, and Landoll’s Mohican Castle in Loudonville, among others.
What other road trips in Ohio can I take?
Many of you know how much we at Only In Your State enjoy creating themed road trips.
- Head to our article, Here Are The 10 Best Road Trips You Can Take In Ohio, for a compilation of some of our favorites.
- Whether you’re in the mood for chasing waterfalls, discovering delicious eateries around the state, or exploring small towns, you’ll find these and more on this list.