Columbus September 17, 2017
9 Extremely Weird Things Only People From Columbus Do
Columbus might not be one of those cities with which you immediately associate a bunch of stereotypes. Having said that, there’s some pretty unique and funny things we do. From our difficult relationship with winter to our all-encompassing love of the Buckeyes – here are 10 really weird things you do if you’re from Columbus.
1. You wear flip-flops when it's snowing.
You can either wear flip-flops, or complain about the cold - not both.
2. You know that being a Buckeye doesn’t have anything to do with attending Ohio State University.
Buckeyes are about so much more than that!
3. You drive even if something is totally within walking distance.
We're not used to convenient walking or buses, give us a break.
4. When snow is in the forecast, you wake up earlier than usual to watch TV for school closings.
Whether you're a kid or a parent, school closings of delays are a really big deal.
5. You're used to skipping over fall and spring fashion styles.
We'll never have a chance to try them, though - we go straight from 80 degrees to 40.
6. You prepare for summertime by stocking up on blankets in your office...
...because the AC is always way up during the summer. Hey, it's better than the humid alternative.
7. If it's game day, you're either at The Shoe or in hiding.
There's no use trying to get through traffic if you're going anywhere other than The Shoe.
8. You enjoy your beer slowly because you know how strong it is.
With so many local breweries, you're probably drinking some sort of delicious IPA or Stout, and it's probably a lot stronger than the average Bud.
9. You make sure you look good before going anywhere on High Street.
High Street is basically where everything happens, so you never go there without bringing your style A-game.
It’s either game day, snow day, or AC day here! What are your favorite Columbus quirks?