This Hidden Beach Along The Northern California Coast Is The Best Place To Find Seashells
Visiting the beach offers some of the best memories for kids and adults alike. Likely, some of the fondest beach memories include finding those beautiful little shells that wash up along the shore. At Shell Beach, the “shelling” is a bit different, yet no less spectacular. Come along as we explore this hidden gem that is definitely one of the best beaches in Northern California to find seashells.
Whether you fancy traditional seashells or the kind inhabited by mollusks, Shell Beach is a spectacular find along California’s northern coast.
Have you been to Shell Beach at Sonoma Coast State Park? Have you been to any other beaches with seashells in California? If so, we’d love to see your photos and hear about your experience there.
If you’re looking for other Northern California beach experiences, be sure to check out Baldwin Beach, which features some of the clearest water in the state!
While you’re in Sonoma County, if you’d like to stay a night or two, consider The Lodge at Sonoma Resort, Autograph Collection.
If you’re still in the mood for more California adventures, take a look at this video:
More to Explore
More to Love About Northern California
Where can we find scenic overlooks in Northern California?
- The Pigeon Point Lighthouse in San Mateo provides spectacular views and is the tallest lighthouse on the West Coast of the U.S.
- From the iconic Golden Gate Bridge connecting San Francisco and Marin County you can enjoy 365-degree views of the North Bay, East Bay, the Presidio, and San Francisco.
- The entire upper area of Mt. Tamalpais north of San Francisco overlooks the majority of the Marin County area.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other scenic overlooks in Northern California.
Where can we go boating in Northern California?
- Clear Lake is the largest freshwater lake in California and thought to also possibly be the oldest lake in North America.
- Siskiyou County Reservoir in Siskiyou County offers incredible views of the southern Cascades and Mount Shasta.
- Donner Lake in Truckee is not only great for boating, but also for paddling and swimming as well.
Read on to learn about other great places to go boating in Northern California.
Where can we find museums in Northern California?
- The Willow Creek-China Flat Museum & Bigfoot Collection houses some the most sought after Bigfoot photos and footprint casts.
- The Aerospace Museum of California in North Highlands was originally founded as part of McClellan Air Force Base and remains as a repository of air and space exploration.
- The Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum in Nevada City encompasses a rail yard and restoration shop.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other wonderful museums in Northern California.