These 15 Amazing Camping Spots In Northern California Are An Absolute Must-See
As soon as the snow begins to melt and the temperatures reach a comfortable number on the thermostat, there’s a boatload of us who begin daydreaming about our summer camping trip. Who should we invite along? When should we go away? How long should we be gone? Well… what about some camping in Northern California? Yes?
Then, the most important question is clearly: “Where should we go?” If you’re tired of the same old spot year after year, how about stepping out of your comfort zone and checking out a few new campsites this year? If camping is in your wheelhouse then you’re going to love this list of amazing Northern California campgrounds. You’re welcome.
Which of these amazing campgrounds in NorCal have you been to? Better yet, share your absolute all-time favorite camping in Northern California in the comments – we love hearing from you!
More to Explore
Camping in Northern California
- Where are some of the best places for camping in Northern California?
Northern California is well-known for having some of the most beautiful landscapes in the United States. What better way to get out and enjoy it than via a good camping trip? Some of the best places for camping in Northern California are dreamy places like:
- Sinkyone Wilderness State Park – This incredible, 60-mile stretch of wilderness is some of the most breathtaking in the state. Why not sleep here?
- Jedediah Smith Campground – If you want to get away from it all, Jedediah Smith Campground is THE place to do it.
- Wright’s Beach Campground – We seriously can’t imagine a lot of things more amazing than camping on the beach.
Learn more about these amazing places for camping in NorCal.
- What are some of the most beloved places for camping in NorCal?
When it comes to camping in NorCal, there are TONS of options, and sometimes it might be a little overwhelming to try and pick. So, why not start with some of the most popular campgrounds in NorCal? These include:
- D.L. Bliss State Park Campground – Okay, just about any campground on or near Lake Tahoe counts, including this incredible one.
- Manzanita Lake Campground – This incredible campground is a natural wonder in and of itself located within Lassen Volcanic National Park.
- Burlington Campground – This campground is incredible, as it’s nestled among the redwoods at Humboldt Redwoods State Park.
Learn more about D.L. Bliss State Park and all its quirky wonders.
- Where is some of the all-time best camping in California?
Craving even more? Well, you’re in luck, because obviously, these lists are nowhere near complete. Some other awesome camping in Northern California can be done at:
- Navarro River Redwoods State Park – Redwoods? An incredible beach? Good times? Check, to all three. Take your pick from 25 developed sites and 10 primitive ones.
- Union Landing State Beach – Another amazing camping area right on the beach, Union Landing is everything that’s right with our state.
- Humboldt Lagoons State Park – This breathtaking park is home to some truly majestic views and humbling places to sleep. It’s awe-inspiring.
Learn more about all these amazing places for camping in California, and then some!