North Carolina June 20, 2015
17 Photos Of North Carolina Wildlife That Will Drop Your Jaw
With a diverse landscape, of mountains to coast and in-between, comes a diverse range of wildlife! It’s one thing to see animals at the zoo, but a whole different ‘beast’ to see them in the wild. These photographers did an amazing job at capturing images of some very diverse wildlife found in our state. Lets get wild!
1. "Beach Bum | Wild Pony Grazing in Style on Shackleford Banks" by Zach Frailey
The wild ponies are found throughout the Outer Banks and are a sight to see!
2. "Carolina Chickadee" by Virginia 'Ginny' Sanderson
3. "Cooper's Hawk" by Virginia 'Ginny' Sanderson
Beautiful and intimidating among the bird species, it's not a rare occurrence to spot a hawk in this state.
3. Baby bobcat by U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Southeast Region
What a cute little baby...just wait till he grows up though. This picture was captured at Mattamuskeet National Wildlife Refuge.
5. The wise owl by Alex LeSueur
I love owls, I frequently see them throughout the state.
6. Angry turtle by Alex LeSueur
This little guy is sure flexin' his muscles for his big moment on camera.
7. "Shark at the Bogue Inlet Pier | Emerald Isle, NC" by Zach Frailey
Watch out for these guys this summer....(hearing jaws music in my head.)
8. "Surf Patrol | Emerald Isle, NC" by Zach Frailey
What a magical shot! Great capture.
9. "Baby Bear" captured near Fontana Dam by Steve Petrucelli
If you can't tell, I have a serious adoration for baby animals, ok, who doesnt. This picture is so cute, my question though...where/how far away is mama bear?
10. "Climbers" by Valerie
How cute is this! Maybe next time I take a hike, I'll make sure to look up in the trees!
11. "Just enough to breathe" by Valerie
Could you imagine swimming and turning around to see THIS behind you....oh no!
12. Pony fight, by Harrison Group
Yet again, you must see the wild ponies!
13. "Cardinal" by John Flannery
Can't forget the cardinal!
14. "Then I Met Bambi the Fawn" by Andy Beal
I know you're thinking, yet again with the baby animals, Emory. But look at this little fawn, how precious! Please just shoot these babies with your camera...
15. "Red Bird" by angelo Yap
Can't forget the cardinal...part two.
16. "Otter" by Jenn G
I feel like this otter has modeled before...
17. "Red Fox" by Wes Hill
This capture was taken at the WNC nature center.
As an animal lover, some of these warmed my heart and some made me a little nervous (alligator, shark). Which ones were your favorite? Tell us in the comments!