North Carolina June 08, 2015
20 Photos Of North Carolina You Won’t Believe Are Real
A picture is worth 1000 words, but sometimes pictures are so beautiful, you have to do a double take to figure out if they’re even real. This is especially true in a state like North Carolina. Between endless beauty, breathtaking mountains, and gorgeous coastline, it can be easy to lose the distinction between art and reality, but when it comes to North Carolina nature, they’re pretty much the same, right?
1. "Sun's Last Reflection" by Zach Frailey
Captured in Atlantic Beach, the water plus sunset combo gives this photo an ethereal air.
2. "Wild Ponies" by Carolyn Dewey
The rustic filter on this picture actually made me do a double take, at first I really thought it was a painting.
3. "Looking Down and Across" Carol Von Canon
The flowing colors and winding road give me a sense of peace just looking at this image.
4. "King Neptune's Cathedral" by Mike Bitzenhofer
This picture was captured at Sneads Ferry but seems otherwordly, almost from another time.
5. " (Stormy) Nights in Rodanthe" by The.Rohit
The blur and thick lightning strike adds a sense of chaos to this gorgeous picture.
6. "Endless Summer" by Zach Frailey
This simple wave and retro fade captured on Cape Lookout is minimal but beautiful, and one of my personal favorites by the photographer.
7. Blowing Rock Lookout Park by Kim Seng
This gorgeous image shows the immaculate beauty of Western North Carolina.
8. Country Church by Gerry Dincher
This moody picture of Centenary Memorial United Methodist Church captures the countryside beauty of NC. The church was built in 1885 and is on the national register of historic places. You can find it off of Highway 130 between Fairmont and Roland.
9. "Skies in Motion" by Zach Frailey
Taken on Lake Mattamuskeet, the clouds add to the drama of open water and a lonely island.
10. Dramatic sunset from the top of Sugar Mountain by Carol Von Canon
The deep rich hues layering over the mountains REALLY makes this picture look like a painting.
11. "Coming Home" by Alistair Nicol
The green is so vibrant in this picture it doesn't look real.
12. "Field of Dreams" by Justin Askew
Like falling down the Rabbit Hole, this picture taken outside of Biltmore is amazing in so many ways.
13. "Kure Beach Pier" by "JT" Taylor
This long exposure shot captures the dramatic beauty right after a sunset.
14. Otherworldly by Bryan Elkus
This orange sky and amazing house makes me feel like I'm looking at something from a fairytale.
15. "Blue Ridge Parkway Linville Waterfall" by Kim Seng
I love this picture because the autumn colors vibrantly stand out, but we also get a different view of the popular Linville Falls.
16. "Blackbirds at Dusk" by MoonJazz
This picture captured in Asheville is beautiful but also has an omen-like quality.
17. "Floating" by Mike Bitzenhofer
Some autumn leaves float while others rush with the speed of the stream. The dark background really makes this feel like you're looking at a painting.
18. "Vacationers" by Richard Smith
Dark, dreamy, and mystical...this picture has so many winning elements it initially left me speechless.
19. "Beached | Abandoned on the Neuse" by Zach Frailey
Photographer Zach Frailey says, "Walking along the ocean, sound and river shorelines can be a fun thing, you never know what you'll find." Yeah, like this gorgeous abandoned ship!
20. "A Foot of Fun" by Brandon Warren
An abandoned house still clings to some beauty, surrounded by snow, outside of Asheboro.
Which ones were your favorites? Tell us in the comments!