New York Attractions May 07, 2016
14 Things Every New Yorker Who Shops At Wegmans Knows To Be True
It may seem strange, the idea of feeling so much affection towards a supermarket, but if you’ve ever had the pleasure of shopping at Wegmans then you know exactly what we’re talking about. While this piece of perfection can only be found out in the general western half of our state, it’s fair to say that all regions of New York are aware of this store. Some of our residents even make entire road trips to come and shop here, because it’s just
Here are 14 things every New Yorker who shops at Wegmans knows to be true:
1. The customer service is consistently warm and inviting. You'll never run into a disgruntled employee here.
First things first, let's talk about one of the most important reasons why Wegmans is truly so special. The fantastic people running it. Anyone who has worked at Wegmans, which many of us can say we have, will tell you how wonderful of a job it is.
2. Walking into Wegmans is like entering a whole new world.
Simply referring to Wegmans as a grocery store doesn't do it justice. Taking someone to this store for the first time is like watching a kid experience their first real Christmas.
3. You can always count on the stores to be clean and well organized!
Wegmans is you on your best day, every day.
4. Wegmans brand is fantastic and always the better choice, especially when it comes to cereal.
Cheaper prices may be what initially draws you towards picking the Wegmans brand over a big-box name, but the remarkable quality of their products is what will make you buy them again!
5. Fresh produce, fresh produce, fresh produce!
Another great thing about Wegmans is that they make a huge effort to buy locally. You'll never have to leave the store without that one ingredient you needed for dinner because there wasn't any fresh produce.
6. And you can't forget about the signs throughout the store that will have you smiling while you shop.
Everyone loves a good joke, and New Yorkers are no exception!
7. Because the Mediterranean Olive Bar is a holy place where we could spend all day.
Sure your local grocery store may have the typical salad bar, but the self-serving bars you'll find inside Wegmans will have you publicly drooling.
8. The Sushi will blow your taste buds out of the water.
There's nothing better than being able to run into Wegmans for the perfect plate of Sushi.
9. The bakery is so good you'll be convinced that there's a team of Keebler-style elves in the back working their magic.
From amazing fresh bread that you'll have to stop yourself from eating, to delicious cakes that are perfect for any occasion, the bakery is simply perfect.
10. The unforgettable candy wall.
The most vivid memory I have from my first trip to Wegmans was looking up at that candy wall and realizing that this is what dreams are made of. Sure your grocery store may have some sweets by the check out, but do they have an entire candy wall?
11. The craft beers and beverage centers can quench any thirst.
Building your own 6-pack at Wegmans is basically the adult version of playing with Legos at the Lego store...right? Right.
Rule #1 - Never turn down a sample at Wegmans. For those who decide to travel across the state to shop here and experience all that is Wegmans, one of the most validating parts of the trip is tasting all the samples while you shop.
13. Unlike many of the top supermarket chains you'll find around the U.S., Wegmans is affordable.
It just keeps getting better! One of the best parts about shopping here is that the trip won't be so harsh on your wallet.
14. There's just truly nothing like shopping at Wegmans!
You'll never find a supermarket that will win over your heart so easily! If you've never been to Wegmans, we promise you once you have your first shopping experience that you'll finally understand
There’s so many reason to love Wegmans! Share with Only In New York why you enjoy shopping here so much.