Here's Why This Holiday Valley Ski Resort In New York Is Named The Aspen Of The East
As local travel experts, we know what travelers are looking for when it comes to finding the perfect accommodations for their next trip. To compile our lists, we scour the internet to find properties with excellent ratings and reviews, desirable amenities, nearby attractions, and that something special that makes a destination worthy of traveling for.
While upstate New York might not have the status that Colorado has when it comes to being a top national destination for skiers, it’s got its fair share of great ski resorts that often fly under the radar. One of them is Holiday Valley, a resort near Ellicottville in Western New York that boasts a wide variety of activities, from skiing to racing down a mountain coaster. Here are just a few reasons why Holiday Valley Ski Resort‘s nickname “the Aspen of the East” is well-deserved.
Have you ever visited Holiday Valley Ski Resort? Do you agree that it’s earned the nickname “Aspen of the East?” Feel free to share your thoughts with us in the comments below — we would love to hear from you! If you’ve got time, check out Ellicottville‘s “The Village,” one square mile of the perfect collection of shops and restaurants for a festive night out during the holidays. And don’t forget to book your stay at Holiday Valley!
More to Explore
Winter In New York
What are some fun things to do in the winter in New York?
New York is known for its frigid winters, but that doesn't mean it's not possible to get outside and embrace all that the season has to offer. Below you'll find our recommendations for fun things to do in the winter in New York:
- Niagara Falls Christmas Light Display
- Rockefeller Center Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Farmers' Museum Candlelight Evening
- Holiday Lights at the Bronx Zoo
- Lake Placid, NY
- Hamburg, NY
- Skaneateles, NY
- East Aurora, NY
- Ice Skating at Bryant Park
- Snow Tubing at Peek'n Peak Resort
- Skiing or snowboarding at Bristol Mountain Ski Resort
- Santa's Workshop
- Hot springs getaway at the Curtiss Hotel
- Baccarat Hotel
Of course, these are just a few of the many options for spending winter in New York. From charming Christmas towns to rugged outdoor activities, the Empire State really does have it all! Learn more about the above destinations and adventures when you check out our full guide for spending the winter in New York.
What are some of the best winter hiking trails in New York?
If you don't mind bundling up a bit, hiking in New York during the wintertime can be downright exhilarating. Below you'll find a list of some of the best winter hiking trails in NY:
- Cascade Mountain - Essex County
- Gorge Trail - Taughannock Falls State Park
- Green Lakes State Park - Fayetteville
- Filmore Glen State Park - Moravia
- Prospect Mountain - Warren County
- Hadley Mountain - Saratoga County
- Belfry Mountain - Essex County
- Walkway Over The Hudson - Poughkeepsie
- Hurricane Mountain - Essex County
- Kaaterskill Falls - Greene County
Learn more about these beautiful winter hiking trails in New York.