New York March 09, 2018
14 Reasons Why People In New York Should Be Proud Of Their State
There a mass amount of a pride that comes with being a New Yorker, it’s something that’s instilled in us from a very early age. Even if you haven’t lived in the Empire State for too long, you’ll quickly realize why our longtime residents take so much pride in calling this place their home. Giving you a quick refresher on why we love this state so much, keep scrolling to remember all the reasons why you should be prideful!
We’re aware that these uncertain times are limiting many aspects of life as we all practice social and physical distancing. While we’re continuing to feature destinations that make our state wonderful, we don’t expect or encourage you to go check them out immediately. We believe that supporting local attractions is important now more than ever and we hope our articles inspire your future adventures! And on that note, please nominate your favorite local business that could use some love right now:
1. Our mountain ranges are some of the most beautiful places that you'll ever explore.
From down in the Catskills to up in the Adirondacks, our mountains have some of the most breathtaking summits that you'll ever reach.
2. And not to brag or anything... but the Adirondack Park is larger than Everglade, Glacier, Grand Canyon and Yellowstone National Parks
One of the largest parks that you'll ever have the pleasure of exploring, there's nothing quite like an Adirondack adventure.
3. We've hosted the Winter Olympics not once, but twice!
Both in 1932 and 1980, New York's very own small town of Lake Placid hosted the Winter Olympics twice and we couldn't be more proud.
4. No one does classic foods like bagels, pizza, and wings better than we do in New York.
Some say things like our bagels taste so good because of the quality of New York's water, we like to think we just have the magic touch.
5. And no one other than New Yorkers could ever come up with the more unique dishes that we love.
If you've never heard of things like Garbage Plates and Chicken Riggies, we won't hold it against you. These unique dishes are things that you'll only find here in the Empire State!
6. Our wine is an unexpected pleasure of the East Coast.
When it comes to America's famous wine countries, most people tend to talk about destinations out in California and other neighboring states. But here in New York we know that from the Finger Lakes to Long Island, you can find some absolutely delicious wine and beautiful vineyards.
7. We're home to some of the oldest attractions in the country.
Take an adventure to places like Ausable Chasm and you'll be able to explore the oldest natural attraction in America!
8. We're always willing to lend a helping hand.
If we see someone stuck in the snow or in need of anything, we're usually pretty quick to step in and lend a helping hand when it's needed!
9. We have the perfect mixture of small towns and big cities.
People outside of our state may mostly associate us with New York City, but our state is actually full of the perfect mixture of big cities and small towns. We couldn't be happier!
10. And you can go ahead and thank us at any time for giving you all your favorite easy-to-make dessert, Jell-O!
Out in the small town of Le Roy you can find New York's very own Jell-O Museum and the origin of the dessert itself!
11. Our sports teams aren't too shabby if you ask us.
Whether we're cheering on our favorite college teams with Otto the Orange or we're tailgating before a big Buffalo Bills game, we're proud of all our New York teams and love to watch them excel.
12. New York's lakes are absolutely out of this world.
In every single region of New York, you can find peaceful and utterly magnificent lakes.
13. Millions of people come to see our waterfalls every year.
Places like the American Falls see millions of visitors each year, not even including the other thousands of waterfalls that you can find tucked away in New York.
14. Even our rivers are absolutely noteworthy!
While most of the rivers that you'll find around the world tend to flow south, unique bodies of water like the Genesee River actually flow north!
What about our state makes you feel the most prideful? Share your thoughts with us in the comments! To read more about your favorite state, check out these
16 Things That Come To Everyone’s Mind When They Think Of New York!