New York April 10, 2016
11 Awesome Things You Can Do In New York When It’s Raining
It’s that time of year again where we get April showers to bring us May flowers, or at least that’s how it’s supposed to work. No matter what you’re experiencing outside your window, it’s never a bad idea to have a couple of indoor activities saved away for bad weather. While most of everything on this list could be applied to almost everywhere in New York, we’ve also pointed you to many of our favorite specific spots. From quiet places where you can enjoy a more laid back day to spots that will have your adrenaline racing, these 11 awesome things you can do in our state are perfect for a rainy day in New York:
1. Spend a day appreciating all of our animal friends at the aquarium.
Take a trip to either the Aquarium of Niagara in Niagara Falls or the Long Island Aquarium in Riverhead and you won't find yourself disappointed! For New York residents of all ages, there's nothing like spending a day watching all of these fascinating creatures.
2. Splurge a little on yourself and take a trip to the mall!
No, a trip to the mall no longer necessarily means that you are going to spend your day just shopping. Take the entertaining mall
Destiny USAof Syracuse for example. Here while you're shopping you can also experience a ton of other ways to entertain yourself that will make you completely forget about the terrible weather that's happening outside.
3. No need to get fancy, you can never go wrong with a trip to the movie theater.
A long time favorite solution to any sort of bad weather, there's not many New Yorkers who don't enjoy going to the movies on a gloomy day. Feeling lucky? On truly good days you may even come out of the movie theater to find that the bad weather has ceased to exist!
4. Appreciate the quiet atmosphere and soak in all the fascinating history at one of our museums.
Picking just one museum in our state to visit can feel like an impossible task. Whatever museum you decide to visit we assure you won't fail in accomplishing to grab your attention. From our New York State Museum to some of our more specific museums like the National Baseball Hall of Fame, you'll leave these spots wanting to know more!
5. Not looking to spend your rained out day doing something boring? Try pumping up your adrenaline and taking a step inside an indoor skydiving zone.
Like something you'd see out of a movie, iFly Westchester Indoor Skydiving is truly out of this world.
, to watch a video from iFly Westchester.
6. Put down your eBooks and get back to the basics, enjoy a day at the Library!
Yes your electronic reading devices can store wild amounts of books in a small space for you conveniently, but there will never be anything like the smell of opening up a
7. Feeling lucky? Take a risk and spend the day inside one of our casinos!
Again, your options here are a bit wide, but we suggest taking an adventure to Turning Stone Resort & Casino! You'll never see a reward without a little risk...right?
8. Not ready to let the bad weather take swimming away from you? Splash around at one of our indoor waterparks!
Directly across the street from one of our favorite amusement parks, the Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark right in Lake George offers residents an exciting way to cool off.
9. Sitting by the window and listening to the rain has a whole new meaning, enjoy any one of our scenic train rides!
One of the most picturesque rides offered in our state, the Arcade & Attica Railroad will take you on an unforgettable trip.
, to check out more gorgeous train rides in New York.
10. I believe it was the music group
House of Pain who once said it best... Jump around!
A great place to tire yourself out in one of the most exhilarating ways possible, trampoline parks all across the state are entertaining people on cold, rainy days!
11. Step inside your own fairytale and visit one of New York's castles.
Believe it or not, there are
quite a few
mind-blowing castles hiding throughout our state. Choose either Beardslee Castle which now serves as a restaurant, or the Lyndhurst estate where you can take tours and even host your wedding, either way you'll be speechless!
We love soaking up the sunshine, but some days we just need to relax and listen to the sound of the rain! Share with us your favorite things to do during a rainy day in New York.