Get Away From It All At This Crystal Clear Lake In New York
With thousands of options in front of you as a resident, it’s often hard to decide which direction you’ll want to head in when it comes to taking an outdoor adventure of any sort. Situated within Central New York where attractions are just a stone’s throw from the majority of our other regions, see why it’s worth taking the drive out to this one breathtaking lake in Onondaga County with some of the clearest water in New York. If you’re looking for clear lakes in New York, this is the perfect place.
Get a closer look at this stunning lake:
Have you been to Green Lake or any of the other clear lakes in New York? Let us know about them in the comments. Ready to take on more seasonal adventures? Then read about this elevator ride with an epic mountain view.
More to Explore
Natural Attractions in New York
What are the most incredible natural attractions in New York?
The most incredible natural attractions in New York include:
- Panama Rocks Scenic Park. This area looks like something from a fantasy novel with its mossy, wavy rock formations.
- Devil’s Hole State Park. The trails here have some of the most stunning views in the state, especially with the churning Niagara River.
- Kaaterskill Falls. This is one of the tallest waterfalls in the state and a picturesque stone staircase will take you to the upper tier.
- Watkins Glen State Park. This popular natural attraction has breathtaking gorges with waterfalls cascading down the sides.
Learn more about the most incredible natural attractions in New York.
What are some bucket list natural wonders in New York?
Bucket list natural wonders in New York include:
- Thousand Islands Region. There are actually 1,864 islands here and they are each a lovely sight to behold.
- The Adirondacks. This mountain range spans 5,000 square miles and has over 200 lakes. Everywhere you look there’s a magnificent view.
- Niagara Falls. This is the most famous natural wonder in the state and one of the best-known around the world.
- Letchworth Stae Park. The gorgeous falls in this park with take your breath away and camping here is quite an experience.
Find out more about bucket list natural wonders in New York.
What are some hidden gem natural spots in New York?
Hidden gem natural spots in New York include:
- Robert G. Wehle State Park. You’ll find some of the clearest and most beautiful water in this park near the northern tip of Lake Ontario.
- Ferncliff Forest. There’s an amazing trail to a fire tower where you can see stunning views of the Hudson Valley.
- Wilton Wildlife Preserve. This park’s wetlands and wildlife are protected and this makes a perfect getaway from the city.
- Scoby Dam Park. You’ll find this park nestled along Cattaraugus Creek in Springville with lovely hiking trails all over.
Discover more about hidden gem natural spots in New York.