The Oldest Road In America, The King’s Highway, Passes Right Through New Jersey
New Jersey is overflowing with history! For instance, the Lincoln Highway is one of the oldest transcontinental highway routes in America designed for automobiles. Over a century old, it once ran from Times Square in New York to Lincoln Park in San Francisco. While the Lincoln Highway has a fascinating history, New Jersey is home to a road that’s even older. Let’s take a look at the oldest road in America, the King’s Highway in New Jersey.
Enjoy this flyover of the King’s Highway:
Have you been on the King’s Highway in New Jersey? It’s a fun drive, great for photographers and explorers. Both Drumthwacket and Morven are open for tours! Now that you’ve explored the oldest highway in New Jersey, take a look at its oldest town.
More to Explore
Amazing Attractions in New Jersey
What are the weirdest attractions in New Jersey?
The weirdest attractions in New Jersey include:
- Lucy. Located in Margate, Lucy is a six-story elephant constructed of wood and has served as a restaurant, an office, a cottage, and a tavern.
- Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Museum. This is the ultimate museum for the strange and unusual with all kinds of weird exhibits.
- Insectropolis. This is a museum dedicated to insects and has exhibits like the Caterpillar Cafe, The Mud Tube, and Bug University.
- Martian Landing Site. This is a memorial to the radio broadcast that caused a mass panic in 1938, The War of the Worlds.
Find out more about the weirdest attractions in New Jersey.
What are the most amazing day trips in New Jersey?
The most amazing day trips in New Jersey include:
- The Tuckerton Seaport. This is a museum where you can take part in hands-on exhibits to learn all about maritime history.
- Wharton State Forest. This is a gorgeous natural area with hiking trails, kayaking, ghost town ruins, and a historic village.
- Wildwood. This is a beachfront amusement park with rollercoasters, arcade games, waterparks, and more.
- Cape May. This is a wonderful family day trip with Sunset Beach and tons of amazing restaurants and shops.
Learn more about the most amazing day trips in New Jersey.
What are the most unique attractions in New Jersey?
The most unique attractions in New Jersey include:
- Wild West City. Located in Netcong, this Wild West-themed park has over 20 live-action shows and rides on trains, stagecoaches, and ponies.
- Elsie The Cow Memorial. Borden Dairy had a mascot called Elsie the Cow which was represented for a while by a real cow named Lobelia, who rests here.
- Hadrosaurus Monument. This stature remembers the finding of the first complete dinosaur skeleton in the world.
- United States War Dogs Memorial. This memorial commemorates the dogs that served in the Vietnam War and other wars.
Discover more about the most unique attractions in New Jersey.