These 20 Hiking Spots In Nebraska Are Completely Out Of This World
The great state of Nebraska is home to some truly spectacular natural settings. Hiking one of Nebraska’s many trails is a great way to get close to nature while getting some exercise. Whether you’re out for an easy walk on a paved trail or a challenging weekend-long trek, there’s a hiking trail that’s perfect for you. Fans of the outdoors have cause to celebrate: here are some of the all-time best hikes in Nebraska. Where are your favorite places to go hiking in NE? Let us know!
These trails are just a sampling of the many, many trails that crisscross the state. As it turns out, Nebraska is an amazing place for hikers! The abundance of wide-open spaces leaves lots of room for wandering and exploring. Nearly every park and nature center in Nebraska features walking or hiking trails, so what are you waiting for? Get out there and explore Nebraska’s natural beauty.
Do you have any nominations for the best hikes in Nebraska? Tell us about them by filling out this form and you might just see an article written about yours someday!
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
Best Hikes in Nebraska
- What are some of the best hikes in Nebraska?
Nebraska is not exactly known for its hiking, but we think it should be. There are more than a handful of awesome hiking trails in Nebraska – so many we can’t mention all of them in just a few paragraphs! Some of the best hikes in Nebraska are ones like:
- The Platte River State Park Loop Trail – this 6.7-mile trail is probably the single most popular hike in the state and for good reason; it’s a stunner!
- The Saddle Rock Trail – a three-mile trek that wanders from the visitor center all the way up to the summit of beautiful Scotts Bluff. Epic views!
- The Zorinsky Lake Trail Full Loop – a 7.8-mile adventure that shows off some of the most beautiful scenery In the state.
Learn more about the most beautiful hiking trails in Nebraska.
- Which Nebraska hiking trails should I add to my bucket list?
Of course, the list of awesome hiking trails in Nebraska isn’t limited to just the best of the best – there are lots of other amazing Nebraska hiking trails worthy of adding to the bucket list, such as:
- The Cowboy Trail – this awesome trek is the longest rails-to-trails conversion in the U.S.!
- George Shannon Trail – an incredible, 240-mile-long trail with some of the most amazing views in Nebraska.
- The Waterfall Hike at Smith Falls State Park – yes, there is a such thing as waterfalls in Nebraska, and this trail takes you to one of the best.
Learn more about each of these wonderful hiking trails in Nebraska and then some.
- Where are some of the most beautiful places to go hiking in Nebraska?
Looking for more general areas? Here are some of the most beautiful places to go hiking in Nebraska:
- Scotts Bluff National Monument
- Soldier Creek Wilderness Area
- For Robinson State Park
- Toadstool Geological Park
Learn more about some of the most beautiful state parks in Nebraska.