One Of The Most Rustic Restaurants In Montana Is Also One Of The Most Delicious
Montana is no stranger to rustic restaurants. In fact, many prefer a good old-fashioned mom-and-pop restaurant to a trendy hot spot for steaks in Montana. There’s a reason those Montana steakhouses have staying power—the food tends to be delicious. And the dinners at the Land of Magic in Montana are no exception. It may be the best steakhouse in Montana.
Older, rustic restaurants have so much character. Have you been to Land of Magic in Montana? Do you have any other favorite Montana steakhouses? Let us know in the comments. If you liked this, here are several more of the best places for steak in Montana.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
The Culinary Diversity of Montana
What are the most iconic foods in Montana?
The most iconic foods in Montana include:
- Huckleberries. These berries are found throughout Montana and are used in every kind of dish: jams, pies, ice cream, you name it!
- Elk and Bison burgers. Montanans love their game meat, and a hearty burger is one of the best ways to enjoy it.
- Pasties. These savory Irish pies are the state’s official food and residents love to smother them in gravy.
- Cream of the West. These grain breakfast cereals are a local staple. Roasted oats, wheat, and 7-Grain cereals are popular as well as the flapjack mix.
Learn more about the most iconic foods in Montana.
What are some hidden gem restaurants in Montana?
Hidden gem restaurants in Montana include:
- Dave’s Sushi. Montana isn’t known for sushi, but this place serves it fresh in Bozeman.
- The Stray Bullet Cafe. This tiny restaurant in Ovando has delicious hamburgers and makes scrumptious breakfasts.
- Chicken Shack. Located in a KOA campground in Butte, this hidden gem has surprisingly tasty fried chicken.
- Marie’s Italian Restaurant. The little town of Stevensville has an excellent Italian restaurant that is truly a hidden gem.
Discover these and many other hidden gem restaurants in Montana.
What are some bucket list dishes in Montana?
Some of the bucket list dishes in Montana include:
- Marionberry Bear Claw from Polebridge Mercantile. Locals arrive in droves to this place from all over the state for this tasty confection.
- Ugly Burger from Rod’s Drive Inn. Montana locals frequent this place in Havre and the taste is far from ugly.
- Buffalo Jerky. You can find beef jerky all over the country, but Montana has the best bison jerky there is.
- MacKenzie River Pizza. Montana may not be famous for its pizza, but this chain that started in Bozeman is what every local loves.
Find out more about these and other bucket list dishes in Montana.