A Secret Door Will Take You To An Underground Restaurant In Missouri That Was Built In 1899
A good, homecooked meal very rarely fails to fill us up and leave us savoring every single bite. While we can find plenty of eateries that dish up homecooked meals all over the state, we probably won’t find one as unique as this underground restaurant in Missouri. The delightful eatery features a scrumptious menu of home-cooked goodness and a one-of-a-kind ambiance.
Do you have a favorite underground restaurant in Missouri? Tell us about it in the comments! Go underground for another delicious meal – this time at Basso in St. Louis.
More to Explore
The Most Amazing Restaurants in Missouri
What are the best small-town restaurants in Missouri?
The best small-town restaurants in Missouri include:
- Iron Horse. Located in Blackwater, this restaurant serves Creole, Italian, Southern, and American cuisine with a unique menu.
- Wentzville Family Diner. This is a family-friendly diner that serves an interesting concoction of fried chicken with spaghetti.
- The Kozy, This Bloomsdale restaurant serves up some of the best chicken and waffles in the state.
- Dimitri’s Greek Gyros & Deli. This is some of the best Greek food in the state, located in the charming town of Branson.
Find out more about the best small-town restaurants in Missouri.
What are the most historic restaurants in Missouri?
The most historic restaurants in Missouri include:
- Old Brick House. This restaurant in St. Genevieve was built in 1780 and was once a schoolhouse, but now serves amazing steak and seafood.
- Crown Candy Kitchen. This is one of the oldest soda fountains in America and has been around since 1913.
- Thee Abbey Kitchen. This restaurant is in the Arcadia Academy which was once Ursuline Academy back in the 1800s.
- J. Huston Tavern. Located in Arrow Rock, this is the longest continuously operating restaurant west of the Mississippi.
Discover more about the most historic restaurants in Missouri.
What are the best Mom & Pop restaurants in Missouri?
The best Mom & Pop restaurants in Missouri include:
- Casa Montez. Located in Joplin, this place has been serving some of the best Mexican food in the state for over 50 years.
- Cascone’s Grill. Since the 1930s, this Kansas City restaurant has been serving scrumptious Italian and American dishes.
- Farmhouse Restaurant. This place in Branson specializes in homemade country cooking like fried chicken, catfish, and blackberry cobbler.
Learn more about the best Mom & Pop restaurants in Missouri.