The Unassuming Town Of Pascagoula, Mississippi Is One Of America's Best Hidden Gems For A Weekend Getaway
When you’re longing for a Gulf Coast getaway, Biloxi and Gulf Shores are two of the most popular options. But if you want to escape the crowds, Pascagoula is a hidden gem. Located close to the Mississippi/Alabama border, Pascagoula often gets overlooked for its sister cities to the west, but there’s a lot to love about this Jackson County town. If the question for you is, “Where is Pascagoula located,” come along as we show off this unassuming Mississippi town:
So, if someone were to ask you, “Where is Pascagoula located?” you’d know what to tell them!
Have you ever been to this charming hidden gem? If so, what was your favorite part? We’d love to read about your experience in the comments section below!
There are so many wonderful places to spend a weekend in the Magnolia State. If you’re looking for a more woodsy environment to call home, check out these awesome campgrounds in Mississippi.
For a great place to stay in Pascagoula, you might consider the nearby Courtyard Biloxi North/D’Iberville.
If you’re still in the mood for more Mississippi adventures, take a look at this video:
More to Explore
More Mississippi Adventures
Where can we find small towns in Mississippi?
- Utica was first settled in the 1700s, and where you’ll find the Ellis Price Mansion and the Woodmen of the World.
- Taylor is the home of a renowned catfish house and features a thriving music and art scene.
- Caledonia attracts thousands of visitors from near and far every year for its popular Caledonia Days festival.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other enchanting small towns in Mississippi.
Where can we find wineries in Mississippi?
- The Old South Winery in Natchez produces some of the finest muscadine table wine in the state.
- At the Twin Forks Wine + Provisions in Hattiesburg, in addition to wine, they also sell cheese and other wine-related accouterments.
- The Queen's Reward Meadery in Tupelo uses Mississippi-produced honey and you can purchase mead by the glass in their tasting room.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other beautiful wineries in Mississippi.
Where can we find lakes in Mississippi?
- Lake Bill Waller in Columbia is a prime fishing spot for largemouth bass, bluegill, channel catfish, and more.
- Lake Patsy in Oxford is surrounded by beautiful greenery, gardens, and walking trails.
- Sardis Lake is one of the largest in the state, encompassing 98,000 acres and straddling Lafayette, Panola, and Marshall Counties.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other beautiful lakes in Mississippi.