The Mesmerizing Christmas Display In Mississippi With Over 1 Million Glittering Lights
It’s November, which means that in just a couple of weeks, Christmas lights and décor will be going up all over the state. And with so many light displays to choose from, it’d be easy to overlook a few, but there’s one you definitely don’t want to miss: The Gulfport Harbor Lights Festival. With more than one million glittering lights, it truly is the “most magical show in Mississippi.” Take a look at one of the best Christmas lights in Mississippi.
Take a closer look at this dazzling light display:
The Gulfport Harbor Lights Winter Festival is held in Jones Park, which is located at 2250 Jones Park Dr., Gulfport, MS 39501. Regular admission is $10 for adults, $5 for kids 5-12, and FREE for kids 4 and under. During the week, there are “discounted theme nights” when admission is only $5! For more information, call (228) 868-5881. You can also visit the festival’s Facebook page.
So, have you ever been to this magical light festival? If so, let us know about your experience in the comments. If not, plan a visit to Gulfport and check out one of the best Christmas lights in Mississippi for yourself!
Looking for another way to get into the holiday spirit? Check out this wonderful Christmas market in Mississippi.
More to Explore
Holiday Festivities in Mississippi
What are the most festive Christmas towns in Mississippi?
The most festive Christmas towns in Mississippi include:
- Meridian. The Soule Stream Works becomes Santa’s Christmas Factory with live performances and snow flurries and you can take a festive train ride.
- Biloxi. This famous town holds an annual Christmas on the Water event with parades on land and water, fireworks, and much more.
- Canton. The Canton Animation Museum in Canton displays 135 life-size animated characters and there are historic trolley tours for festive fun.
- Olive Branch. This little town has an annual Christmas parade led by Clydesdale horses, with live performers, motorcycles, bands, and Santa himself.
Discover more about the most festive Christmas towns in Mississippi.
What are the most vibrant Christmas light displays in Mississippi?
The most vibrant Christmas light displays in Mississippi include:
- Christmas at Beauvoir in Biloxi. There’s something extra special about the display here as this bayou town’s massive trees are lit up.
- Christmas in Natchez. This lovely little town starts decorating the day after Thanksgiving and its historic homes become alive with twinkling lights.
- Christmas in the Park in Tylertown. Over 30,000 people visit this display every year which has millions of dazzling lights at Holmes Water Park.
- Southern Lights in Southaven. This quaint town’s Central Park has 116 acres of magical displays using over 500,000 colorful lights.
Find out more about the most vibrant Christmas light displays in Mississippi.
What are the best holiday festivals in Mississippi?
The best holiday festivals in Mississippi include:
- Lazy Acres in Lights in Chunky. Lazy Acres Farm has annual hay rides through some amazing light displays and the state’s largest nativity scene.
- Christmas in the Orchard in Beaumont. Fulmer’s Farmstead has carriage rides, hayrides, carolers, historic cabin tours, live music, and delicious food.
- Snow Flakes in the Bay in St. Louis. This month-long event has various nightly happenings and the whole area is decorated with stunning lights.
- Landrum’s Christmas Candlelight Tour in Laurel. This magical event has wagon rides through dazzling illuminated streets and yummy treats.
Learn more about the best holiday festivals in Mississippi.